Uh-Oh.

Jaylynn P.O.V.

Today we finally take Devin home after being in the hospital for three days . We got everything packed up , and Kayden signed the papers , and we were out . When we got home , I just wanted to sleep , but I knew that Devin was not letting it go down like that . As soon as we walked through the door he started screaming like he was being murdered . Kayden finally got him to be quiet after about 15 minutes and he took him to his room , while I went to my room to rest . No sooner that I lied down , I saw my mom calling .

"Hey Mommy."

"Hey Baby," she said sniffling .

"what's wrong mom.?"

"Its about your brother ."

My first thought was that she found out he was in a gang , and I knew that was going to forever hurt her heart . She hated gangs and anyone who had anything to do with them , which is why she has no idea about Kayden .

"What Happened," I said thinking I already knew what she was about to say .

"He's gone ."

"Well mom, he said he was leaving for a while . I'm sure he'll be back . Its okay."

"No Jaylnn, he's dead........"

I felt like nothing . My heart sank to my stomach , and I couldn't feel anything. I got weak ,and just wanted to ball up and cry .I saw all the memories dissapear into thin air . Who would do this .? Why would they do it? I had so many questions and no answers . I was broken. I felt so lonely . My only sibling was gone . The person who helped raise me was gone . Forever . There was no bringing him back . I was so......hurt .

"No Mommy .....he...he can't be ," I said holding back tears.

"Baby, I didn't want to believe it either . The  police found enough remains at a lake in South Central Los Angeles to match his D.N.A."

"Mommy .......," I said now hysterically crying.

"Baby I know . Listen ,I'm gonna let you rest . Kiss my grandson for me . Love you baby.

"Love you too mommy," I said once I was finally able to catch my breath.

I hung up and went to go tell Kayden he had to handle Dev tonight , even though it was his first night home .

"Hey Jay, what's wrong," He said rocking Dev .

"My ....brother...died..," I said through sniffles. I knew the tears were coming and there was no stopping them .

"Awwww babe , I'm sorry."

"Its okay. He was acting kind of weird though. I have a question , but you have to promise you wont get mad ."

"I promise."

"Well, he said he needed some money, and they found some remains at a lake in south central.Do you know anything about it ?Something tells me it was gang violence."

Kayden P.O.V.

Alright so I'm all happy with my son. Just watching him sleep , and Jaylynn comes in and tells me J.R. died. I tried to sound as sympathetic as possible. Then she asked if I knew anything. Now , I could lie and say no , but we haven't had any lies this far along in our relationship , and its almost been a year. So I knew I had to tell the truth.

"Well baby. Yea , I do."

I saw the tears stop just as quickly as they came, and call me a bitch , but I was instantly scared .

"What do you know.," she said trying to stay calm, but it was clear that wasnt.

"Well some guys were looking for him cuz they owed him money. Thats about it." She didnt need to know anything else, I wanted to live to see my son grow.

"You're lying, what else happened," she said in a voice of pure furiousness.

"I mean, the gang was looking for  him , and they found him."

"Kayden , I swear on everything I love if you don't tell me what happened to my brother, I'm calling the cops."

"Alright, so we were looking for him. We found him and killed him . he owed us money . I'm sorry Jaylynn, but you did say do whatever I had to do to get out of the gang and focus on you and Devin. So that's what I did."

"That didn't freaking mean kill my brother," she said half screaming half yelling.

"Jaylynn you're going to wake him up ."

"Give him here and get out ."

"Jay, c'mon we can work it out."

"No we can't . Get out of my house or I'm calling the cops .Give me my son and Im not fucking playing with you ."

"Jay-"

"Leave Kayden!"

"Jaylynn you're not going to make me leave. And I'm surely not leaving without my son if I do go ."

"You heard what I said and I never want to see you again. Me and him will be okay by ourselves," she said putting him in his crib.

I walked out of the room and sat down on the couch.

"Why the fuck are you still here?"

"I told you I wasn't going anywhere."

She came over to me and started giving my blow by blow to the face . At first they didn't hurt , but she had on the promise ring I had given her. I quickly grabbed her wrists and restrained them. She got up and went to the door and held it open.

"Your things will be at your mom's by morning," she said holding the door open.

Fuck it , there was no point in arguing anymore. I walked out and heard the door slam behind me . I walked to where my car was and hopped in.I had nowhere to go so I just sat there and blasted the Oxymoron album by Schoolboy Q. I remembered having some cocaine laced weed and pulled that put from under my seat along with my gun. I set the gun down and sniffed away . I started contemplating everything that was going through my mind.Sure , I had a lot going for me basketball wise, but if I didnt have my lady ,and my son, that meant nothing. I put the coke down and grabbed the gun. "so this is how it ends," I thought to my self. I could see it all over Sportscenter now "first round draft prospect commits suicide over gang related violence."  Fuck it . I put the gun up to my head ,and pulled the trigger .

THE END!