Meet Up.

Chapter 18

Khayman and Sierra up by the infamous park. It didn’t seem as scary before because of the sun shining out, but it was still a scary place to be.

Khayman looked down at the photo in his hands and shook his head. “We’re gonna find out more about this guy” Khayman said as he continued staring at this photo. “Just wait. Once we find out about dude it’s over for him” he added.

Sierra was slightly frightened by Khayman. She never seen him have this much emotion before. He was usually a bland person. “So, what are we going to do?” Sierra asked, trying to get him to think about something even though she had a feeling what he’d say.

“We’re about to search for him” Khayman said, looking down at Sierra. “Had a feeling you’d say that” Sierra said.

For 2 hours, Sierra and Khayman searched around the entire neighborhood. The looked inside abandoned houses, knocked on doors of occupied homes, seeing if anyone knew him or if he happened to live there. They asked people on the street, but still they found nothing.

“Khayman, let’s just give up. We aren’t going to find him. We might as well just tell the police officers” Sierra said, taking a seat next to Khayman on a bench. “No, we’re going to find him ourselves.” Khayman said, looking at the picture. 

“Khayman” Sierra groaned.

“Sierra” he snapped back.

“Look, I thought we could do this by ourselves, but we should leaves this up the professionals” Sierra said, folding her arms.

“How can you give up that easily?”Khayman snapped. “We can do this!”

“No we can’t! Khayman, we’re wasting time”Sierra said.

“What?”

“They could’ve been found but we’re playing around not telling the police! Khayman we need to tell them” Sierra shouted.

“SIERRA! WE CAN DO THIS!”

Sierra was prepared to go off on Khayman until a tap on the shoulder interrupted her. “WHAT?!” She shouted, turning around. It was a older guy, around 60 years old, who had hair white as snow, bifocals sitting on the edges of his nose. He was tall, but he looked short since he was hunched over.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, Sir. I didn’t mean to yell” Sierra apologized, feeling terrible.

“Oh hush child. I’ve been on this Earth for awhile, you aren’t the first person that yelled at me” he said with a slight laugh. Sierra smiled at him.

“Well, you can take your seat. My friend and I were getting ready to leave” she said, turning around and looking at Khayman. 

Sierra got up, grabbing Khayman hand. She pulled him but ended falling back onto the bench. “Sir, have you ever seen this man before?” Khayman asked, handing the man the picture.

He lifted his glasses off his face and squinted at the picture.”Sir, we’re sorry he bothered you with that. You don't have to-”

“Actually I do, why son?” he asked, handing Khayman the picture. Sierra and Khayman eyes almost bulged out of their eyes. “Really?! Can you tell us more about him?” they asked in unison. The old man nodded. 

“This here is James. He lives three houses down from me with 3 other guys and a young lady. I believe he had a cleaning business. For a man to have a cleaning business, his front yard yard is pretty nasty. Maybe the inside is clean” the old guy chuckled.