Problems

Chapter 9

“Problems”

A confused look came upon Khayman’s face. “You..you mean right now?” he asked in a confused tone. “YES! Come on! My aunt is knocked out, your parents so be fast asleep! Might as well do it now” she whispered yelled.

Khayman wanted to help Sierra find her sister, but he was afraid that something might go terribly wrong while going out to look. “Sierra, it’s almost 1 in the morning and…”

“Khayman, it’s alright. You don’t have to come, I don’t want to put you through anything you don’t want to get put in..” Sierra said, cutting Khayman off.

He was about to hang up the phone and let her go on and go look but he couldn’t live with himself if something terrible happened to her.

“Sierra..” he sighed.

“Yeah?”

“Stay put, I’m about to get dressed and make my way to your house” he whispered to her as he began to get out of bed. “Great! I’ll see you here..but remember..stay quiet and please be safe” she told him. “Gotcha. bye” he said then hung his phone up.

He fell back into his bed and looked up. “Why the hell am I doing this?”

Khayman eventually dragged himself out of bed, slipped on some pants that were in a pile. He threw one of his hoodies on and slipped on his tennis shoes. He slipped his keys and phone into his pocket and began to walk out the room until he thought.

How the hell was he getting to Sierra house?

He sure wasn’t going to walk that far to get to her house, he sure wasn’t  going to take the bus because it was so late. The only thing he could do was take the car. He slowly walked out of his room door and softly closed it behind him. He tip-toed his way towards his parents room and carefully  opened the bedroom door. He seen his mother cuddled up fast asleep against his father. He slowly crouched down to his knee, he was surprised he could get this low since he was 6’8. He made his way to his parents dresser, snatched the keys off the dresser and flew out the room.

He slid down the banister and ran out the front door, locking it behind him. He hopped into his dad brand new car and took a deep breath.

“Am..am I’m seriously about to drive to Sierra’s house in the middle of the night..in my dad new car..and I barely know how to drive?” he asked himself as he sat in the car. He looked at the keys then he thought about how excited Sierra was to know where her sister possibly might be at. “I..I guess so” he said with shakiness in his voice. He stuck the key in the ignition, turned it and the car instantly started up. Khayman had gotten a few lessons from his older cousin not to long ago since his 16th birthday was right around the corner and was going for his drivers test soon.

He pulled out of the driveway and began his way to Sierra’s house, slowly.

- -  

Sierra sat on the front porch, bundled since it was so cold out, waiting for Khayman. She constantly looked at her phone, waiting for a call or text from Khayman. She was begining to think he’d never show up.

“Hey you!”

Sierra looked up and instantly smiled.

“You need a ride, missy?” he grinned. She jumped up and quickly ran into the car. “Finally, what took you so long?” as she put her seat belt on. “I had to drive slow, I ain’t the best driver in town, I’m still learning” he said as he slowly pulled off.

“Okay” Sierra said as she pulled out Skyler’s cellphone. She went onto the Clickers app and clicked on their messages. “This idiot didn’t think to turn off his location” she grinned. Sierra clicked the location under his name.

“Where were the messages being sent?” Khayman asked as he looked over at Sierra.

“This park not to far from my house” she whispered. Chills were sent down Sierra back. Her sister was only a few houses down from her sister and she couldn’t help her.

“Where is it Sierra?”

She looked up from the phone with tears in her eyes at Khayman. “This park up ahead” she told him. He looked into her sad eyes, feeling terrible for Sierra. He knows exactly how this feels for someone close to them, someone they love go missing. He hated that she felt this way.

“Don’t worry, we’re getting close to wear it all started. We’re going to find her, if we don’t the police will” Khayman told her as he grabbed her hand. She  looked down at it as her heart began beating fast. “Th..thanks Khayman” she said, forcing a smile on her face as she looked at him.

He  began to smile himself as he held her hand tighter. Sierra looked away blushing. She looked ahead and screamed. “KHAYMAN, A CAR!” she shouted. He looked at her crazy then looked at the road ahead of him. He snatched his hand away and placed both hand on the steering wheel.  He tried swerving away but it was too late.

They had go into a accident. 

- - -

Short chapter ;-; I’m sorry.