Chapter-11: (Un)Happily Married

~Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.

In just two weeks, my whole life turned upside down. From losing my childhood bestfriend to becoming Mrs. Nandini Manik Malhotra, the storm snatched everything from me. After knowing the whole truth, my friends indeed understood the reason behind my decision but they were still adamant on finding another way. No way they wanted me to marry Manik and bring a hurricane to destroy everything.

No matter what we wish but destiny doesn't care about our choices. It has its own plot twists ready and we are just a puppet to play the roles. 

I was looking at my reflection in mirror all decked up in the bridal attire. That day was supposed to be the most beautiful day of my life but oblivious to the fact that it was a last countdown to enter in hell, I was still hoping for a positive future or rather giving myself some false hopes to survive the least.

Alya and Navya were constantly crying. Looking at my friend's state my heart ached. My eyes fell on Aryaman who was just standing a little far away. I could see the pain in his eyes. It seemed like he wanted to say so much but failed to do so.

"Nandini, please think again. Do you really want to do that?" Cabir again one last time tried to change my mind.

"Yes, Nandini, you can still step back. We will support you." Mukti suddenly got up from the bed and seconded Cabir.

"Yes, Nannu! We will find some other way." Abhimanyu also stood up from the couch and came near me.

"Ha, Nandu, tumhe darne ki zarurt nahi hai." Navya spoke pressing my shoulders.

"Yes please, Nandini! You don't need to do this." Dhruv's eyes went glassy.

My friends were worried for me. They never wanted me to destroy my life so they did every possible thing to change my mind but I was adamant on my decision.

"No guys! I have decided and I am not going to step back." I had tears in my eyes but I tried to held them back from rolling down on my cheeks. 

I couldn't fell weak, not atleast infront of my friends. 

"Everything is happening because of me. Nandini, I will never be able to forgive myself. I am such a bad luck for you." Alya was sobbing loudly now. She was constantly blaming herself for everything. 

"No, Alya. Please don't blame yourself. It is just my fate and not your fault. Please stop crying. If you won't then I will also start crying and it will mess up my make-up. Do you want me to look like a clown on my wedding day?" I tried to lighten up everyone's mood but nothing worked and it rather came out like a PJ people were least interested in. 

Tears rolled down on everyone's cheeks. Aryaman smiled and pulled everyone for a group hug. 

"Hey guys, let's do this one last time before she takes the wedding vows because I doubt if monster Manik will allow her to hangout with us anymore." Arya also tried to lighten up the environment. I chuckled and punched him with tears in my eyes.

"If he says anything Nandini, then let me know. I will break his bones." Mukti spoke gritting her teeth. She was always very protective of me like an elder sister. 

"Ha, Nandu. Tum hame batana, hum bhi uska muh tod denge." Hearing Navya's warning everyone laughed. By then our tears couldn't control anymore.  

"Nannu, please promise us, if he does anything wrong, you won't think twice before calling any of us." Abhi was serious. He always cared for me a little more.

"Yes, Nandini. Don't ever think you are alone." Cabir spoke and we all joined our head together before pulling out from a bone crushing group hug.

"Guys, now everyone wipe your tears. No matter what, it is our Nandu's wedding. We need to look our best." Arya again spoke and everyone smiled. This guy was such a gem. I was so lucky to have him in my life as a friend. No matter how sad he was today but he always made everyone smile. He always did that.