Chapter-3: Do Fairytales Exist?

~ I thought fairytales are just some illusive fiction but then you came and our story happened. ~

"Nandini, yar! You are still single? Why? Find someone! And have fun!" I said to my bestie who was not so interested in relationships.

"Manik, for me relationships doesn't mean having fun! For me, the meanings got to be a little different!" She explained and I was little bit expecting something like this.

Yup! She is different! Different from other girls and that's what makes her alluring.

"Oh! So ma'am, would you mind telling me the meaning of a relationship for you?"

She laughed a little and then continued seriously, "Manik, for me, a relationship is all about trust, love, care and understanding! It isn't about satisfying each other's desire but it's about being each other's emotional and mental support!"

"That's too deep! By the way, what doesn't you would like to have in your partner? Would you accept someone who was already in many relationship while you didn't get in any?"

"I never imagined myself being someone first, but I always want to be someone's last!" She completed.

And I was like--Seriously?

Like really?

This is so book-ish thingy? Isn't it?

"God!!! You still believe in all that Nandini? Wake up, girl! It's 21st century! And fairy-tales don't exist here!" I mocked.

"No, Manik! It exists!" She protested.

Damn!

She is stubborn!

How can she accept her defeat?

But then she continued while her eyes were sparkling "And you know what, if he will be seriously in love with me, then trust me, he can never fall for any other girl. Because we fell in love once, like we born once and die once in our lifetime." I was still in daze looking at her.

She really believed in 90's classic love stories thoughts.

"I don't have any problem with his past but if he gets in any other relationship being with me then it means, he is breaking my trust! And without trust, there is no relationship! And I won't like to be in relationship with a guy who lusts every other woman!" She completed.

Everything blurred out and I came back to my surroundings.

I was still in my thoughts thinking each and every thing.

"And I won't like to be in relationship with a guy who lusts every other woman!"

These words were ringing in my head and I was scared.

What if she will not accept me?

Because I was just like that. I have had lust every other woman.

I regret now, doing all this!

Today, I realised how pathetic my mind was set. For all the fun, I forget the moral values my father always tried to give me which my mother always reminded me. But, I, The Manik Malhotra, the biggest singing sensation of the country ended up being a Playboy.

What should I do?

Marry Nandini to save the sinking boat of my reputation?

But for Nandini, it isn't a solution of any problem, for her it's a knot between two soulmates.