Chapter-2 : Heated Arguments!

~ You! Yes, you! Only you had the power to suppress the volcano in me and make me smile when I want to cry. ~

I was mentally so drained out at this moment because of which I wasn't able to think straight. When I heard that angelic voice —my heart aching to hear—I calmed a bit and I just hugged her without wasting a second.

I hugged her tight as if my whole life depends on her, as if she is the only one my soul needed to live not only this life but every life I will live.

"Manik, calm down! Please, calm down! I know you haven't done anything. It's all Soha's fault."

She is the only one whom I don't need to explain anything, without even saying a word, she deciphered whatever I wanted her to know.

"You know Nandini, she is doing all this so that she can marry me and get this Malhotra Empire!" I was angry, hell angry. I made a fist and banged in neraby wall, "Nandini, I won't leave that b¡tch! I will destroy her. She doesn't know with whom she is messing this time."

Nandini was little scared as she could see what was coming next.

Angry Manik Malhotra and hungry lion have no difference.

"No Manik! You won't do any silly thing right now! Okay?!" She said stopping me from self-harm.

"Nandini, that girl—
I was just going to say another word when she put her forefinger on my lips, "Manik shhhhhhh!" And then the whole world stopped for me. I was looking deep in her eyes, as if trying to give all the answers I wanted her to know at this moment.

But then out of blue, she asked me, "Do you trust me, Manik?"

I was already zoned-out by her finger on my lips and then I removed her finger and took her both hands in my hand and answered, "more than myself!"

I think, this was something which wasn't needed to ask. Because I trust her. I trust her more than I can on my own self or any other person in this whole universe.

She was the one who was with me from childhood till now, when no one had time for me, when I used to be alone, and when I was suffering.

I was in my own world when suddenly she said, "I never thought a girl could stoop so low for just sake of money." Anger can clearly seen in her eyes and then her expression soften a bit. She looked at me, "have faith in me, Manik. I won't let anything wrong happen with you."

I was so angry at that moment, but Nandini knew how to calmed me down. I used to be insecure about her a lot because she was the only closed one I had and I didn't want to lose her at any cost.

I don't know what happened to me and then I looked at her and asked "Promise?" Maybe I needed an assurance.

We were looking in each other's eyes and then she replied with sparkle in her eyes, "Promise! Nandini Promise!"

When she said 'Nandini Promise' I smiled a bit. It was her childhood habit and old habits never dies.

She looks cute when she promises this way!

"Now I know she can't do anything because when my best friend is with me no one can conspire against me." I said smiling ear to ear but then I continued with a stern face, gritting my teeth, "but mom grounded me Nandini! And I hate this! I can't sit and watch. I need to get out from here."

"Manik!!! You know why Nyonika aunty grounded you, so that media can't trap you. You know, this time Soha is playing her 'I-am-a-helpless-woman' card and you know how she tricked media. So, in this condition, it won't be a good idea to encounter with them. And because of your name and fame media won't leave you if you get out." She explained me. She looked straight in my eyes and continued, "Now tell me still you wanna get out?"