Chapter-8: Old Dusty Promises

~ Many times, the decisions you make, affect and hurt your closest friends and family the most. I have lot of regrets in that regard but everytime God had something planned for everything. Just believe in Karma. ~

I was scared to step inside my own house because I knew, till now that news might have broken all hell lose.

Nevertheless I took a deep breath, gathering my all courage, I took few steps towards the main door and rang the doorbell.

Hearing it, Aryaman opened the door looking everywhere but me.

He wasn't making eye-contact.

But why?

His eyes were telling a different tale as if he cried whole day. He wasn't seeming the ever-so-chirpy-bird he used to.

And I know, no matter how much I hated the fact, but still, I was the reason of his gloominess.

Thinking about everyone, did I really forget to see his emotions?

We stepped inside and there whole army was waiting for me only. I could easily decipher the questions in their eyes. They were hurt and angry, both at the same time.

I walked towards them looking down. I lost the courage to held an eye-contact.

"Nandini, like seriously?! What do you think, if you won't tell us then we won't get to know anything? Now I realised why that jerk was so desperate to marry you." Cabir shouted at top of his voice making me jump on my place.

"He just wanted to get himself out from Soha's case, all clean and clear

"He just wanted to get himself out from Soha's case, all clean and clear." He gritted his teeth.

I was hurt because never in my life my friends talked to me this way.
"Actually I was going to tell...

I wanted to clear things but only if he could let me complete.

"Stop it Nandini. And look at the news, since when you people are in love?! Tell me, haan?" Cabir again shouted making me feel guilty for lying.