Chapter-7: A Nightmare

~ Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime. That's why it's hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab in it. ~

"Aryaman, I love you. I can't imagine my life without you."

"I love you too, Nandini. Only you are the reason of my existence."

I wasn't able to hold the view infront of my sight. Aryaman and Nandini were hugging each other tightly like their life depends on each other.

Gosh! Did something breake in my heart?

They pulled apart and looked at each other intensely.

No, I can't see anymore.

Does it call jealousy?

But just for a best friend?

Aryaman cupped her face and leaned towards her.

No. No. No. I can't let this happen.

Suddenly a high pitched noise started piercing my ears which was enough to break my ear drums and soon everything blurred out and I woke up with a jerk

"What the fuck?"

Was it a dream?

A nightmare to be precise!

• • •

I and Mom walked together in office, and as soon as people looked at us, they started greeting.

"Good morning, Ma'am!" Shreya, my personal secretary greeted Mom, the Director of Malhotra Empire.

"Morning!" Mom replied sternly.

"Good morning, Sir!" She turned towards me.

"One cup of black coffee in five minutes." I was always too lazy to greet back or rather I never felt the need.

"Sure Sir!" She replied with a smile.

We stepped inside my Cabin which was just next to Mom's.

"Manik, don't you think Kapoor's are creating lot of fuss because of last deal? I am so pissed off right now." She opened the file which was kept on my table.

"I don't know Mom, what exactly they want?!" I was frustrated by Kapoor's.

Trust me, they are assholes!

Mom dialled a number.

"Shreya? Call Ms. Nandini in Manik's Cabin now!"

Five minutes later we heard a knock.