Chapter 9

OLIVIA

I exited the courtroom, speechless. What the hell just happened?

The next few minutes were a complete haze. I paid the clerk, completed some paperwork, and found myself outside of the courthouse, walking in the direction of my car. I turned the corner, and felt my chest tighten.

My car was gone.

I frantically spun around, not sure exactly what I was expecting to find. Then, I spotted it. My car was strapped to a flatbed tow truck, and was being taken to God knows where.

Somewhere inside my brain, a signal went off, telling me to take down the name of the towing company. I fumbled for my phone. Thankfully, the truck was stopped at a red light. I took a quick picture, just as the light turned green. Ridge Valley Towing. I would have to call them when I got home.

How am I getting home?

I hadn't spoken to Kenny in a week, and I really didn't want to call her. So, I called the only other person that I could depend on.

Twenty minutes later, Tanya pulled up to the courthouse. "Thanks, Tanya. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. I have had a day, and it's only 11:00 a.m." I thanked her as I slid into the passenger seat.

"No problem at all, Liv. I'm sorry to hear about your morning. Did you want to talk about it?" Tanya asked.

"Not really," I answered. "How's the shop?"

"It's doing well. It seems that the temporary closure hasn't affected our revenue. Not to mention the fact that we now have an "A" rating from the Health Department. I'd say that's been a contribution as well," she smiled at me.

I exhaled, relieved that Piece of Cake II was still thriving. "That's good the hear. Tanya, I have a favor to ask of you. Would I be able to carpool with you for a little while?" I asked.

"Of course, anything you need," she responded. I thanked her again, and we spent the rest of the ride to work in silence.

I pushed everything aside, and forced myself to be the boss that I am every day. Thankfully, we were as busy as usual, if not more so, and being with my team helped raise my spirits. I was exhausted by closing time, but it was better than being alone and depressed.

I was sitting in my office, closing out some end of the day tasks, when Tanya came rushing in.

"Hey Liv, I'm really sorry, but there's been a family emergency, and I need to go," she stated hysterically. "I can still take you home, but we have to leave now," she offered.

"No, don't worry about me, go be with your family. Keep me posted," I told her. She thanked me, and was gone. I sighed, leaning back in my chair. Everyone else was gone for the day, so asking someone to come back for me was out of the question.

I reluctantly picked up my phone, and sent a quick text. I received a response a few minutes later. I wrapped up closing the shop, and patiently waited for my ride to arrive.

Ten minutes later, I received a message letting me know that they were outside. I locked up, walked over to the car and slipped into the passenger seat.

"Hi," I said as I closed the door.

"Hi," Kenny replied as she pulled away from the curb.

"Thanks," I said quietly after a few minutes. She grunted in response. The atmosphere inside of the car was awkwardly intense, and I found myself wishing I hadn't asked her to take me home. I leaned back on the headrest, and closed my eyes.

I tried reflecting on my day, but was assaulted by the scent of Obsession for Him by Calvin Klein, her favorite cologne. My mind drifted to the first time Kenny came to my house, and a small smile graced my lips. I slowly opened my eyes, and surreptitiously looked her way.

I focused on her strong hands gripping the wheel, and I could almost feel her touch. I dragged my eyes down her arms, and up to her broad shoulders. I stopped at her jaw line, and felt my body temperature rise.

She raised an eyebrow, glancing my way "May I help you with something?"

I cleared my throat, and averted my eyes, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. Of course she caught me.

"I've missed that blush," she said, with that dangerous smirk.

The buzzing of my phone was my saving grace. Unfortunately, it was a message from Tanya, letting me know that she would need to take the next few days off to be with her family.

Shit!

Now, how was I supposed to get to work? There was no form of public transportation that would get me there early enough, using ride sharing services could become costly, and I couldn't afford a rental. I had been so absorbed in devising a plan, that I hadn't even noticed we were parked in front of my house.

I looked up to find Kenny staring at me with that same smirk. I looked away, feeling my face flush in embarrassment. "Thanks again," I mumbled.

"Mmhhmm," she answered. "So, are you going to tell me what happened to your car?" she asked.

I looked down and began fidgeting with my fingers, trying to swallow my pride. "I went to traffic court today..." I began.

"And?" she asked.

"The judge suspended my license for thirty days. And then my car was towed. But, Tanya agreed to let me carpool with her for a while," I answered. I kept my gaze focused on my fingers.

"And, Tanya is where?" she inquired.

"She had a family emergency... And she needs to take the next few days off," I replied.

"So, you need a ride to and from work?" she questioned. I nodded, unable to speak.

"Liv," she said as she used her finger to gently raise my face to hers. I met those warm, honey brown eyes, and felt my stomach flop. "I know I'm not your favorite person right now, but you know that there isn't anything that I wouldn't do for you. I meant it when I said that I wasn't going anywhere," Kenny reassured me.

I longed to press my lips against hers, and found myself slowly leaning in. Before I could process what I was doing and stop myself, Kenny closed the distance, attacking my lips with hers.

I felt my stomach flutter, and I instantly melted into her mouth. My fingers tangled into her locs as I pulled her in closer. I needed to taste more of her. My tongue slithered forward, brushing her lower lip. She graciously allowed me entry, and I explored her mouth as if it were the first time.

My breathing became labored and the temperature in the car became unbearably warm.

But that was nothing compared to the heat that was rising between my legs. I fumbled with my seat belt, frantically trying to free myself. When I finally heard the click of release, I briefly broke away to climb onto her lap. We locked eyes, and it was as if the world stopped. I gazed into those deep, honey brown eyes, and knew my underwear would soon be soaked through.

Kenny leaned in, softly placing kisses along my collar bone. I felt her tongue snake up my neck, before her teeth caught my earlobe. "I think we should go inside," she whispered, kissing behind my ear. I couldn't control the whimper that flowed from my mouth as I nodded in agreement. My pussy pulsed in anticipation.

We couldn't untangle and get to the house quick enough. I felt her hands on every inch of my body as I struggled to open the door. Somehow, we made it inside.