Chapter 4

OLIVIA

Kenny thought that she was the only one who could deliver immense pleasure. I had to show her otherwise. I loved the taste of her, and would have stayed there between her legs all night, but I was exhausted. I crawled back up the bed, cuddling with her. I felt her kiss my forehead before I drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I was awakened by the bed shifting. I looked over to see Kenny picking her clothes up off the floor. I could see her taught leg muscles contracting each time she bent over. I hadn't even been awake for an entire minute, and my pussy was already slickening.

Before I could say good morning, she picked up her pants, and I noticed something shiny fall to the floor. I looked down, realizing that it was an earring.

And it wasn't mine.

"Babe, what is that?" I asked, calmly reaching over to pick it up.

"What's what?" she asked, looking down to see what I had found.

"Who's earring is this?" I looked her in the eye. She genuinely looked confused as she surveyed the gold dangle. I watched her closely, looking for any signs of recognition.

"I've never seen it before," she answered, shrugging her shoulders.

I pressed her further, "Really? Because it fell to the floor when you picked up your pants." Her eyes lifted to mine, looking at me in surprise. Her face scrunched up into confusion.

"It did?" I was becoming annoyed with her ignorance, and I was sure it showed on my face.

"So, you expect me to believe that you have no idea as to whom this earring belongs, or how it ended up in your pants?" It was becoming difficult for me to suppress the agitation in my voice. Her expression changed from confusion to mild anger. That irritated me even more.

She crossed her arms, taking a defensive stance, "I feel like you really want to ask me something else."

I took a deep breath, steadying myself before I asked her, "Are you sleeping with someone else?" She stared at me for a moment, and for a quick second, I noticed shock cross her face.

"You're serious?" she asked.

I stood my ground.

Her eyes hardened and I could see her jaw tensing. "No," she answered.

I wanted to believe her, but the whole situation perplexed me. We stared at each other in silence. Her eyes darkened to a deep brown that I had yet to encounter and it scared me. I broke eye contact first, looking to the floor. She sighed as she walked out of the room. I heard the bathroom door slam shut, and I immediately regretted the whole thing.

Kenny had never given me a reason to believe that she was unfaithful. But still, there I was, holding another woman's earring in my hand.

I needed air, and time to process. I got dressed and left before she emerged from the bathroom.

I drove home, and sat in the driveway for a few minutes, staring at the earring.

Staring at it isn't going to help you make sense of any of this, Olivia. I exited my car and went inside. I showered, dressed, and left for work.

During the commute, my mind drifted back to a particularly dark time in my life. Before I made the choice to make a life change, I suffered from low self-esteem. During that time, I was involved in a toxic relationship with a man who took advantage of that.

Once I separated myself from him, I vowed to never let anyone treat me that way again. The whole earring debacle took me back to that time, and definitely left me uneasy.