Chapter 5

First, a shoutout to NerdyWordyTyper for all the love and support. Thanks 😊

RACHEAL

I watched her, and all her little friends, from the coffee shop across the street. My cheeks hurt, I was smiling so hard. The phone call to the Health Department was simple enough. Granted, there were no rats in the cake shop, but the seed would still be planted with all of those who visited within the next few days.

The traffic ticket was child's play. All I had to do was call in a favor to my good friend Allen. He kept an eye out for her license plate, and in return, I helped keep his record blemish free. Allen told me that he issued her a ticket.

Since it wasn't for the customary amount, I planned to check the parking court database frequently, in the event that she brought forth a dispute.

I left the coffee shop, and returned to my office. I checked my email, and was pleasantly surprised to find a message from my best friend Michelle.

Michelle and I grew up together, and have been thick as thieves since the day we met. She was very much aware of my past relationship with Kenny, and was my support system when we separated. Michelle was the first person I called when I found out about Olivia, and she promised to help me get my woman back, no matter what it took.

Always my ride or die.

Michelle was never one to withhold information from me, even when it came to her profession. Her email provided me with what I needed, and I sent her a response, thanking her and letting her know the next move. I concluded the message by asking her to continue to keep me informed. While that part of the plan was underway, I decided it was time to step it up.

Because she had nothing to hide, I easily located Olivia's personal information, and put it in my phone for safe keeping. The rest of the day was agonizingly boring. When it was time to finally go home, I made a stop at a local dollar store, and purchased a few necessary items.

I hoped Olivia was ready for what was coming her way.

On second thought...