Chapter Ten- Foreign family dinner (changed)

Sorry I took so long while writing this, I know I should of written something, but I just haven't had the inspiration. It is really hard to think of words when your mind is full of assignments, work, and then other personal stuff. 

I really hope you like this.

Sorry it may be short

~

 "Is she awake? She's been unconscious for a long period of time, I am starting to get worried." My eyes slowly open to the voice I know so well. I was, no, am angry with him. He's my teacher for goodness sake! There's so many stories where people start dating their teacher and it doesn't work out for them. I don't want to be one of those people.

What if word got out and people think I am sleeping with him for high grades. People do it, but even though it's not true, rumours spread like wild fire.

"She doing fine, Mr Cook. I have informed her father and he will be arriving shortly." I freeze at the nurse' confession. My father cannot know about this. I haven't spoken, nor seen him for a month. I will get a beating from him for interrupting whatever he likes to do.

 "That's not a good idea." Stupid Alex, you're going to get us both in trouble for that. 

 "And why not?" As expected, the nurse questions why it should not be a good idea for my father to pick me up, because he knows that if he told the nurse, I will hate him forever.

 "I-I know that her and her father have some issues as she has spoken to my sister about them. I'm not quite sure what issues they are, but I know she would prefer to stay at another family members home."

 "I understand that you have concern for your student Mr Cook, but her father is her contact number so I have called him." Before Alex could say another word, the door opens and my fathers rough chesty cough erupts in the room.

 "I'm here to pick my daughter, Freya, up." My body starts to shake as my heart begins to beat at a rapid pace. Just his voice sends shivers down my spine.

 "Certainly. I will just check if she's conscious." The nurse works in and smiles when she notices me. "Your father is here dear. How are you feeling." Fake smile and act strong. 

 "I'm a lot better thank you." I don't mention my father in case my voice falters and I break. Alex had already mentioned too much. 

 "You know, if you're having trouble at home, this school provides a lot of services to help with anything." I flinch at the emphasis on the anything. What about bullying? That is more open than the abuse and they have done nothing to stop it. So how can I believe them when they say they will help with other problems. 

 "I'm fine. Nothing is going on at home." I say with no emotion. 

 I get up from the bed, grab my things and walk to the main room where Alex and my father are arguing.

 "I know you hurt her. Don't you dare deny it. I'm not stupid."

 "And who are you exactly? Considering you're just a teacher, I'm a bit concerned how young and involved you are with my daughter. If I have reasons to believe that you will harm my daughter, I will make it known, that includes you running your mouth." He then looks at me. "There you are Freya." His movements are so fast, my gasp catches in my throat.

 He hugs me

 I want to push him away, but the feeling of his embrace astonishes me, I cannot. I can't remember a time where he last hugged me.

 "I was so worried Freya. When she called me saying you had passed out, I nearly dropped the phone. I'm so glad you're okay now though Freya. Let's go home sweetie." His words sound so real that I never want to let go of him.