True Love?

Annika and Jacob were in love and nothing could change that, they spent all of their time together and everything was perfect between them, as far as high school relationships would go. Annika and Jacob one day went out for dinner for a date. Jacob drove Annika home and kissed her goodnight and told her "I'll text you when I get home." Annika looked out the window and told him to drive carefully because it was snowing pretty heavily.

Later Annika was laying in her bed, she hadn't gotten a text from her love yet, and he should have been home. She was worried but she kept telling herself "It's fine. He's fine. He'll text you soon."

She passed out in her bed and woke up the next morning. The window was frosted over and everything felt cold.

She looked at her phone and among the several snapchats and random messages there was a text that stood out from Jacob's mom that read "Hey Annika, please call me in the morning." It was sent at almost 3 AM. Annika was very worried and called Jacob's mom almost immediately. Jacob's mom picked up after two rings, "Annika, hey, it's Tara, how are you doing honey?" Annika was weirded out and scared at how hastily that was said, like she'd been up all night. "I'm doing good, how are you?" she asked. Tara said "It's not so good.." Annika heard her choke on tears "Jacob, last night rolled his car.. He's in rough shape and the doctors said he's most liking isn't going to make it." Annika started to tear up just from the hearing the words. "The doctors said if there's anybody that want to say their final goodbyes, they should do it soon, before it's too late." Tara started to cry and Annika did too. "I'll be there as soon as I can." Annika said.

Later she went to the hospital. She went to Jacob's bed and peered in. He looked horrible. During the crash he was put into a coma and the doctors claim he wouldn't wake up.

He kissed him on the cheek and whispered "Jacob.. Please wake up. You have to wake up.." and she went home and was in a world of pain. She visited him again and again and again, every day for almost two weeks, until one day she went to his room and he wasn't in there. She went to the front desk and asked the Nurse "Hey, what room was Jacob moved too?" the nurse said back "Honey, oh I'm so sorry. That poor boy was fighting for so long to stay with us but he lost that battle, he passed away last night." Annika took a second for realization to kick in, she realized he was gone and he wasn't going to wake up. All hope had was gone and she started to tear up. She ran out and got into her car and started to punch the dashboard while crying. She sped home and went to her bedroom and slammed the door shut. She didn't stop crying for hours, and during that time she decided she could not live without Jacob.

She got tied a noose and hung it from a tree where her and Jacob use to lay in the forest.

She climbed up and without even thinking she jumped and let her body hang. She felt as everything faded to black, and she passed out.

"Annika.. Please wake up. You have to wake up.." she heard Jacob's voice say. She opened her eyes and sprung up and say him sitting there, astonished but confused she hugged him. She looked around, she was in her room, and everything was fine. "You were having a bad dream, and I was worried about you." Jacob said to her. "I was, wasn't I?" Annika said back to Jacob. "What happened in it?" he asked her. "N.. Nothing, it doesn't matter." she told him.

She laid her head on his chest and was cuddled, but something was wrong.

"Jacob, I can't hear your heart."

"Annika, Anni. I love you so much, you know that but you need to wake up. I love you but you can't die, not yet, you have to live. For me." He said
Annika's eyes fluttered open and she looked around, she was in a hospital bed because of the suicide attempt.
From that day on, Annika always knew that Jacob was still with her.