Warrant

Being the chief of police in Tarrytown, New York I've seen my share of messed up things.
This is the story of one of the messed up things/people I've ever seen.
We were investigating a case, 4 girls found dead, 11 missing, and no leads. Except for a low performance security camera that showed a man following a young girl who went to her car, and out of view of the camera.
We had a suspect named Alek who looked sorta like the suspect on the security film. So we brought him in for questioning and he answered everything as if we would be fine to let go, except he claimed to have been at a bar called "juniors" with his friends and then it changed to a bar called "the gold dig". So that was our only suspect. We let him go because we didn't have enough information to base a case off of. Until one of the missing victims was found. She had been gone for 4 days, and she claimed to have been abducted and brought to an trailer in the forest (she was blindfolded on the way there and she didn't know how to get to or from there). After spending 2 days in the trailer her abductor took her out of the trailer where there was a fire pit and a lot of spots where there had been digging. He tied her hands up and tied her right leg to a post, and then he left.
She was able to free her leg from the post at which point she ran for it. After running for what felt like forever she worked on untying her hands, after that she trudged through the forest for hours until she came across a road, where a car picked her up and brought her to the police station.
She described the man and he was identified as Aleksandr Yakovlev, and now we had a warrant to search Alek's home.
We stormed in to find a normal home, nobody was there but it was normal.
We had swept over the place at least 3 times and we found nothing weird at all. We were just about to give up when one of the men was walking through the living room and heard the floor creak very sharply.
He lifted the carpet to find a trap door.
We lifted it and went down the latter. It was a horror house.
Bones and skin and flesh everywhere.
At least 7 feet and hands in coffee cans of salt and organs in jars, I saw horrible things like eyes floating in a jar.
There was a bulletin board with credit cards and drivers licenses and other belongings pinned to it.
No sign of Alek there though.
On a table there was a note.

"I've been at this a long time boys, I'm getting old and tired. Yes, I let that last girl go free. Yes I keep parts of them here. Yes it was all part of my plan. Now I leave the state, possibly the country, But from now on I will not kill, rape, torture, or any of the fun stuff I've been up to for the past couple of decades. I will be gone to live the rest of my life peacefully. There will be no justice for the 15 murders that's I've done in this county.
There will most definitely be no justice for the 116 murders I've committed in 13 different states over the past 5 decades. But that's in the past.
Now time for my grand finally.
116 plus however many men are in my home will be the death tole.
Have a good day, officer."

I crammed the note into my pocket and yelled
"WE HAVE TO F-CKING GO NOW! GO GO GO!!"
I counted the 8 police officers scrambling up the latter to get out, I was the first out and I will forever feel guilty of the because the basement burst, killing all but one officer.
The house burned down and I barely made it out, and I was in urgent care for months, but I lived.
I returned to the police force nearly a year later, where I found we never solved the case. Alek went missing and was never found. The case was open until we finally closed it nearly a year after I was back.

Nearly 7 years after this ordeal, I was promoted to chief of police, and I received a letter.

"WELL HEY! Isn't it the new chief of police! The soul survivor or my basement bomb. I wanted to see how you are! By the way, retirement is great. I do miss killing and such devious activities, but I've been laid back at a beautiful cabin in the mountains. Anyway, enough about me! I bet my bottom dollar you want to solve the big one, the unsolved mass murder case! Well please let me help!
First off, final kill count is 123!!! Yay! Second, my birth name is Pankrati Yuri Aleksey. Now before you go and look me up I faked my death in 1971, I 'jumped' off a bridge and was never found. I then took up the name Vladimir Feofil Chaykovsky. Don't look him up either cause Vlad died in 1992, he went missing at sea. After that I came to be what you know as
Aleksandr Yuri Yakovlev. But! As they all do Alek went missing after the murders! I have a new name as one would guess, and here's your final hint! It rhymes with TRUCK COUGH.
Goodbye officer."

A few years later a man was found dead of a heart attack in his Rocky Mountain cabin, his name was Martin Savva but he fit the profiles of Pankrati Yuri Aleksey, Vladimir Feofil Chaykovsky, and Aleksandr Yuri Yakovlev.

This man was at fault for 123 murders. He is a true monster, and I wish nothing more for he should be rotting in hell.