My Angel

It was a long night working as a bartender, I'd dealt with too many drunks.
I was walking down the dark city street when I turned a corner and felt a hand over my mouth. I tried to scream but it was muffled.
I felt a gun pressed against the back of my neck and a man said

"Listen here b-tch. I'm going going to take my hand off your mouth, I want you to set your wallet and phone on the ground. If you scream I'm going to blow your f-cking brains on the sidewalk."

He took his hand off my mouth and he took a few steps back.
I pulled my wallet and phone out of my purse and slowly set them on the ground while a tear rolled down my face.
My phone rang while it was on the ground, it was my husband.

"Answer it, act normal. If you say anything I'll blow your head off."
The man told me

"Hello?" I said

"Hey, is everything alright?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Well, you're supposed to be home 20 minutes ago and you sound like your crying."

"Yeah, I'm fine I just found out my coworkers son is in the hospital and I'm touchy."

"Okay, when will you be home."

"In like 15 minutes, but I have to go.."
I paused.
"I love you."

"I love you too honey."

My husband hung up.

"Okay, phone, back on the ground. Now."

I was starting to cry.

"I'm sorry, but you won't be home in 15 minutes. I can't leave any witnesses to a crime." The man said

The gun fired and there was a flash of bright white light.
My eyes closed shut, and they remained shut.

"WHAT THE F-CK???!" I heard the mugger yell.
I opened my eyes to see a man in a suit standing in between me and the mugger.
The man in the suit, walked forward towards the mugger, the mugger pulled the trigger of the gun but it jammed.
The man simply walked up to the mugger, picked him up by the neck and the slammed him back down into the ground very hard, knocking out the mugger.
The man in the suit turned around to me, the was a bullet hole through his heart but there was no blood.
He smiled and looked at me with his very bright blue eyes.

"The divine plan was slightly faulted, that was not meant to happen. We are sorry." He said in a rough voice.

I was speechless, in the light of the moon I looked behind him and I saw his shadow. His shadow had two large wings spreading out at least 10 feet in both directions, but he had no wings, it was only his shadow.

I opened my mouth to say thank you but before I could say it, the man said
"You're welcome."
And with that, there was another flash of bright white light and he was gone.