Late Night Snack

Late one night, I woke up out of the blue.
I could have sword I heard somebody downstairs, wailing, I was home alone so that creeped me out pretty badly. I grabbed my mag-light and flipped it on then slowly walked down the stairs, ready to hit somebody with it if I had too. I was so scared I was shivering. I got down about half the steps when it stopped. This put me into even more fear. I walked down the rest of the steps, once I got to the bottom of the stairs I pointed my flashlight forward, then left, then right. I walked right and into my kitchen. I shinned it around for a moment before going into the dinning room, then into the living room. I only had one last room to check, the office. I shinned the light in there and looked around.
"Ha, must of been my imagination." I said to myself as I started to walk up the stairs.
Just then, I faintly heard my back door creak open. I walked over and looked around but it was shut.
"My mind is just playing tricks on me." I said to myself.
I walked up the stairs, but when I got to the turn, I felt something grab me and pull me down the stairs. I tumbled down the staircase and fell flat of the ground. I laid there in pain, I tried to get up but it felt like my leg was broken, I then felt the worst feeling, whatever it was push its sharp jagged claws through my back and out of my stomach.
I groaned in absolute pain.
I looked up to see it, standing there tearing me to shreds, bit by bit, limb by limb, organ by organ.
I sat there in a puddle of my own sticky bloody as I was eaten alive by some sort of creature.