15

Y/N

I sat in the room, my heart filling with hope as I could hear the police sirens approach. "Jinhwan, thank you," I sobbed. I realized that the whole time, I was holding back tears, and the thought of being rescued felt like a weight being lifted off of my shoulders.

"Shh, it's okay, Y/N." Jinhwan pressed his ear against the wall, straining to listen to what was happening. For now, it seemed like it was just silent.

At that moment, the door burst open, revealing Jinhwan's angry parents. His dad fiercely glared at Jinhwan. "I expected that you would bring company, so I don't know why I am so angry at you right now, Jinhwan." He raised his arm menacingly, threatening to slap Jinhwan. I think he would have slapped him if the phone in the hallway didn't ring. He glanced at his wife before nodding his head slightly.

She ventured out to take the call, and the silence blanketed the room once again. Tension between Jinhwan and his dad still didn't dissipate, and I felt my tears threatening to fall once again.

Jinhwan's mom came back after an agonizing minute and quietly said, "they want to negotiate. The hostages get out alive, and they will lessen our sentence."

Jinhwan's dad shouted in anger and rage before he shoved his wife against the wall. "NO NEGOTIATIONS. NOT UNTIL WE GET OUR MONEY." He sauntered out of the room and came back a few moments later with the phone. I could barely make out what was being said on the other line, but I understood enough.

"Let them go," a fuzzy voice on the line demanded. "Let them go, and we will put in our reports that you cooperated with law enforcement."

Jinhwan's dad grit his teeth. "Where is my ransom money, huh? No one's getting out of here alive until I get that money." As he finished his sentence, his gaze settled on me, as well as his gun.

"You have 5 minutes. Don't call me again," Jinhwan's dad spat before throwing the phone to the ground and crushing it under his feet violently.

"Dad," Jinhwan huffed. "Just let her go, and you can do whatever you want with me."

"Jinhwan, no!" I involuntarily scooted forward to show my unapproval. "They want me. I'm the only one who can give them what they want."

"Y/N, please," Jinhwan begged. "Let me do this."

Jinhwan's dad angrily pushed his wife towards Jinhwan and forced her gun on him. "Stay like that, honey, okay?" She nodded quietly in obedience. "If he says anything else annoying, just shoot him. Do it in the leg so he lives."

He walked back over to my spot before lowering his weapon at my head. "I'll watch for this one," he sneered.

"Don't you dare hurt her, Dad," Jinhwan angrily seethed, despite the gun being pointed at his body.

I let out a quiet sob before I heard a knocking coming from the hallway. "Shit," my captor muttered under his breath. He turned to his wife and gestured with his head to the door, signalling that he wanted her to check it out. She promptly left her post with Jinhwan and disappeared.

Silence.

Jinhwan's dad glanced around nervously, gun still pointed at me. He leaned down so close that his breath fell upon my hair, sending shivers up my body. "You know wha-"

BOOM.

The door burst open, and before I could even see what was happening, gunshots were fired, making my ears ring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinhwan

The blinding hospital lights made me uneasy as I sat in the waiting room anxiously. I was numb and thankful for it, too.