4

I was sitting in class alone since Jinhwan had left to use the bathroom. I was concentrating on the worksheets splayed out on my desk when the sun was suddenly blocked, leaving my desk top in shadows.

I glanced up to see a group of girls surrounding me. They all had the same smile plastered on their faces, and I think I would've died if it was a horror movie scene. 

"Y/N!" Who is this girl and why does she know my name. "Who's the new guy?"

"Y/N! He's so cute! Can he be my friend?"

"Are you two dating?"

"You guys are so cute!"

"If you aren't dating him, I will!"

"Is he single, Y/N?"

Their voices erupted around me, and I felt my head swivel in different directions as they each cried out. I opened my mouth to speak (to tell them to shut up actually), but a voice interrupted me. "I actually have my heart set on someone right now, but I am single." I glanced up at the voice but didn't see Jinhwan around. "Can I get through, girls? Thanks."

Jinhwan popped out of the crowd and looked around, amused. Their voices becamed hushed whispers as they slowly dispersed.

I grumpily folded my arms across my chest. "I have a headache now, thanks to you."

He smiled at me warmly, causing my heart to flutter a little. "Let me help you with that," he said before he placed a soft, fleeting kiss on my forehead, causing me to drop my jaw in shock. Dang itttttttt, Jinhwan!

My cheeks flushed a bright red, and I felt myself begin to sweat from all the heat swarming into my face. I scanned the room, seeing multiple sets of eyes staring at me with either awe or envy. I nervously sank back into my seat. "What are you doing?" I harshly whispered. "You want every girl in the school to kill me or something?"

Jinhwan chuckled softly. "No. It's just amusing," he mused before settling back in his seat coolly, listening to the teacher.

I huffed and drew my attention back to my desk, failing to notice the slight smile painting Jinhwan's lips and the narrowed eyes of Jin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Y/N, wait up!" I heard someone call after me.

I turned around to see Jinhwan running after me, his short legs propelling him along. I chuckled as he finally caught up to me. "You were going to walk home without me?!" He looked at me with an expression of mock surprise as he struggled to catch his breath.

I shrugged. "Maybeee." In all honesty, I just forgot that he was supposed to walk home with me. Oops. It's okay he doesn't have to know :3. "How was your first day?" I asked as I found myself being the one to try and make conversation this time.

"Hmm," he hummed out. "It was good I never expected to like it this much. Way better than my old school," he chuckled. "But I think it's because of you."

At that moment, a car honked at us, and I couldn't quite make out what he had said. "Wait, what? Sorry I couldn't hear."

He blushed a bit and shook his head, displaying his slightly pink ears. "Nothing. It was good."

I nodded and we continued to walk in silence. I felt something wet land on my cheeks and looked up to see grey clouds bunching together, blocking the sun and majestic blue skies.

"Looks like it's gonna rain," I said as I twisted my lips to the side, debating if we could make it home on time before it started to pour.

"Should we run?" Just at that moment, large raindrops began pelting us, leaving us already halfway soaked.