9

Click.

A bright flash blinded my eyes momentarily. I blinked multiple times to help my eyes adjust back, seeing Jinhwan stand in front of me with a camera and a goofy grin.

"When did you suddenly become a photographer?" I grumbled as I got up from my spot on the couch.

He shrugged, still giving me that gosh darn smile. "You looked..." My breath hitched as he tried to find the words to finish. "Cool."

I narrowed my eyes at him to mask my slight disappointment. "Well, stop. You've been taking pictures nonstop," I laughed.

"Okay okay," he laughed with me. "Hey, Y/N? Can you go to the mall with me today?"

I furrowed my brows together. "Yeah, but for what?"

He glanced at the floor sheepishly. "I don't have anything to wear for the party in a few days..."

I opened my mouth in an "o" form and nodded. "Okieee. Let me change first!"

Shopping with Jinhwan? Could this be considered a date? Or am I just crazy?

I finally stopped forcing Jinhwan to wear his female clothes (even though he looked so cute in them), allowing him to have his own taste of freedom in the fashion realm.

However, ever since he started wearing his normal clothes, I've felt myself become putty in front of him. Just merely seeing him makes my heart beat more than it ever had.

I began whistling as I rummaged through the mountain of clothes in my closet, thinking I had nothing to wear at all. Typical girl problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinhwan

"Okieee. Let me change first!"

I smiled at Y/N as I watched her run up the stairs, feeling my heart flutter a bit.

Muahaha she's going on a date with me without even knowing. Well, sort of. I was going to ask her out to dinner but chickened out last minute and asked her to help me shop instead. Faceplam.

I muttered to myself as I paced around the pristine living room area, feeling a bit foolish for not mustering up the courage to confess. I felt even more foolish than when I wore the wig.

The truth is, my feelings for her have grown exponentially, and I'm on the verge of having a heart attack every time I see her pretty face.

I groaned in frustration and ruffled my hair until my phone rang with an unrecognizable number.

"Hello?"

"U-um, hello! Is this Jinhwan by any chance?" My heart dropped upon hearing the voice, knowing it was my mom on the line.

"Y-yes! May I ask who's speaking?"

The other line went silent for a while, making me think she hung up already.

"Jinhwan, sweetie! It's your mom." She's actually telling the truth? "Um... your dad and I..."

"What do you want?" I bitterly spit into the phone.

"Look, I-I know we had our ups and downs, but your dad and I need money right now."

Her words, although I expected nothing more than that, hurt my heart. "And?"

Suddenly, my dad's voice replaced my mom's, sounding extra aggressive and impatient. "We know you're close with that rich girl, Jinhwan. You can't hide from us."

I gulped, scared of how they knew and what they would do. "What do you want? You drove me out of the house, and I left like you wanted. What more could you want from me? I have nothing to give!"