12

Y/N

I watched miserably as Jinhwan shook his head slowly. "I'm sorry, Y/N, but I shouldn't fall for someone who isn't recovered from a heartbreak." He finally looked up and matched my gaze. "I should've known better than that."

My hand fell along with my heart. Is it best to just let him go if that's what he wants?

We stared at each other for a long moment before I heard Jinhwan let out a heavy sigh, gently nudge me aside, and twist the doorknob. I kept my eyes glued to the floor until I noticed he still hadn't left.

I turned around to see Jinhwan standing at the door, back facing me. "Jinhwan?" I peered over his shoulder to see a shocked Jin.

Jinhwan glanced at me over his shoulder with a clouded expression. "See you, Y/N." And with that, he strided out the door and past Jin's confused expression.

"Jin, what are you doing here??" I groaned loudly and covered my face with my hands. "You have the worst timing."

He shrugged and gave me apologetic look. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I just wanted to give you this," he said as he thrust a wrinkled up envelope towards me. "I know I don't have any excuse even being around you, but I just thought you deserved an explanation or at least my lame excuse for what I've done to you."

I nodded, refusing to let a tear drop from my eyes from seeing Jinhwan leave. "Thanks. I'll um... I'll get to it..."

Jin glanced behind his shoulder as if Jinhwan would still be standing there. "Don't worry. He'll be back, Y/N. They all come back to you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Honey, look!" Jinhwan's mom pointed frantically at what appeared to be a distressed Jinhwan lugging around a duffel bag.

Her and her husband were just rounding the corner to Y/N's house when Jinhwan was seen across the street with most of his belongings.

The man rubbed his chin thoughtfully as he examined his son from a distance. "Is he... is he crying?? What happened?"

The woman shot a look at her husband as she scolded hi, "no, honey. Obviously, things have gone wrong in Jinhwan-ville, and he is moving out!" She lightly slapped the back of his neck with the palm of her hand. "Learn to read the signs."

The man scowled at his wife as he rubbed the back of his neck. "This just took a turn for the better," he smirked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N

Dear Y/N,

I'm sorry for all the pain that I caused you. I remember the harsh words I spit out at you the day we broke up. Of course, the truth is I did love you. I told you that I did not because my parents had set up an arranged marriage for me in another country, and I thought that breaking up with you would be easier if you had thought my love for you was never there than if I were to break up with you lovingly.

I'm sorry, Y/N. I should have stood up to my parents. I ended up visiting my bride to be for a week, but things were called off abruptly. I was devastated that I ended my relationship with you over something that eventually became nothing. 

I see how wrong I was back then, and I started to hate myself for doing that to you. I hated myself and continued to take it out on you by teasing you and mocking you with crude remarks because I felt that that was the only way to still be close to you in the end.

Although I still care for you, I know you don't have feelings for me, and I am not trying to get you to like me again. I wrote this letter in hopes of reconciling with you through a friendship or at the least explain myself and lessen the guilt I feel every day.