11

Jinhwan

After Y/N had run out, I watched her run away into the distance.

The park. She's going to the park, and I had no doubt about it. She had told me what it meant to her, and it'd be no surprise if that's where she was headed.

I sighed, unable to filter out my emotions. I was angry, broken, and guilty. I fingered the ring she had taken off the very day I gave it to her before letting it fall into my pocket.

Seeing the look on Y/N's face was enough to put a hole into my heart. I walked in the other direction to the store, knowing I had a lot of explaining to do. She'd understand and then forgive me, right?

I stared at the selection of flowers and chose a bouquet of beautiful flower arrangements.

I smiled to myself despite feeling the pieces of my own heart pierce my chest as I made my way toward the park.

The back of Y/N's head popped into view, and it took every ounce of power I had in me to not run toward her.

As I got closer, another head came into view: Jin's.

I frowned, ready to beat him up if he laid a hand on Y/N.

I hesitated once I saw Jin's finger on Y/N's chin. My Y/N's chin.

Anger boiled within me until I witnessed the next scene.

Their lips. Together. Kissing.

My heart shattered for the 10th time that day, and I felt myself lose strength in my knees.

Y/N... Had she had feelings for Jin all along?

I refused to let the tears pool in my eyes. I dropped the bouquet of flowers onto the road along with the ring and pieces of my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N

His lips moved against mine, and I almost puked.

I shoved against his chest forcefully, pushing him off of me. "Jin! What do you think you're doing?!?"

Jin's expression changed into one of surprise. "I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I th-thought you felt the same way. I thought you still loved me."

I shook my head in disbelief. "I don't feel anything for you anymore, Jin! That was totally uncalled for! Why did you think I had feelings for you, anyway?"

His face turned bright red with embarrassment. "I'm so sorry, Y/N. I didn't know. I heard rumors that Jinhwan was gay and being around him was just a ploy to make me jealous. Please don't tell anyone I did that," he groaned. "I really want to make things right with you this time, even if it's as friends."

No matter how disgusted I was, seeing him like that was funny, and I definitely needed a laugh after the encounter with Jinhwan. I let out a bitter laugh before nodding. "You're lucky I'm not as upset with you as I am with another person."

Silence danced around us once again before he spoke up. "It's Jinhwan, huh?"

I almost fell over at his sudden words and hearing Jinhwan's name. "W-what?" He knows what happened between us?

"You like Jinhwan, right?"

"U-uh, yeah. I think so," I replied sheepishly. "I don't know how things are going to work out, though," I sighed.

Jin looked over at me and my tear-stained cheeks. "Trust me, Y/N. It'll work out if it's supposed to. I hope he does you right."

I blushed a little as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "I don't know about that." My heart wrenched at the thought of not having Jinhwan beside me.

"Whatever floats your boat," Jin whistled. "Anyway, I gotta get going. Being near you makes me feel embarrassed because all I remember is that sad kiss," he joked.

I laughed and shoved him away. "Thanks for helping me today, Jin. Even though I didn't tell you anything, I feel a little better."

He gave me a curt nod before waving and disappearing.

I lingered on the bench, feeling the darkness begin to shroud me. I made my way back toward the house, dragging my feet along silently.

Plop.

"Ugh," I groaned as I dropped my gaze down to the floor. I glanced at my feet and noticed a bundle of flowers. I furrowed my eyebrows and picked up the lifeless flowers.

The last of the sun's rays shone down, causing a glint to catch my eye, and I felt my breath hitch.

The ring.

Was Jinhwan here...? He just dropped these. He must've been on the way to see me. Did something happen to him on the way here??

Something's wrong.

I picked up the ring and ran toward my house. Jinhwan, I'm sorry for not giving you a chance. Please be okay, please be okay.

The house loomed into view, and it was all dark.

I burst through the door just in time to see Jinhwan standing in the doorway. He was holding a large duffel bag.

His face fell when he caught my eye. "Y/N..."

"Jinhwan... are... are you leaving?" I felt my voice crack and the tears already glistening on my eyes.

"I... I really like you, Y/N. But the world is probably against us being together," he said softly as he looked at the floor. I caught a glimpse of his eyes, and they were even more broken than I thought. "I can't be around you right now."

"W-what do you mean?" I allowed the tears to fall as I realized what was happening.

"Think about it, Y/N. The day I have the courage to make you mine, we run into all kinds of trouble." His eyes avoid mine, but I still feel his heavy gaze on me. "It's an omen."

"Jinhwan, no. I'm sorry I ran out like that... I was hurt by your words, and all I could think about was how you promised you wouldn't hurt me. After a lot of thinking, I realized I trust your actions more than your words and was just reacting without giving you a chance," I spoke through my tears. "Please don't leave me..."

Jinhwan's eyes softened upon my words. "No, it's not that. I understood why you ran out... it was my fault." He stepped closer to me carefully and cupped my face in his hands. "Y/N, I'm sorry. I can't be with you if you're going to be with him. I have to leave."

I froze in his grasp and looked into his warm eyes. "What do you mean?"

Jinhwan averted his gaze. "I-I was going to apologize and explain to you but-"

"You can explain to me now," I pleaded desperately.

He smiled at me before continuing. "But when I went to give you flowers and the ring back, I saw you at the park with Jin... you guys were..."

His voice trailed off, and I looked into his sad eyes. "Jinhwan, no! It's not like that at all."

He shook his head as if he was trying to clear all his thoughts away. "It looked pretty real, Y/N. I'm sorry."

He dragged his bag across the floor, his hand reaching for the door knob. I lightly slapped his hand away from the door and stepped in front of him. I shook my head wildly as tears tirelessly streamed down my cheeks. "I made a mistake and almost let you go, Jinhwan. I'm not doing the same thing again."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: AHH! A new chapter after 10000 years. Sorry to any readers anticipating for this chapter after the cliffhanger! I got swamped with school activities and had to delete Wattpad due to the notifications I got from it from all my lovely readers <3 Eventually, I forgot about it due to vacationing, and it also took me a while to read my previous chapters to remember where this story was going.

Anyway, thank you so much! Trying my best to get through life. :)