1

Hot tears rolled down my cheeks as I struggled to breathe. Jin sat beside me with pitiful eyes, but they weren't sorry whatsoever. He shrugged his shoulders and peered into my teary eyes. "I just can't do this anymore, Y/N. The last year with you has meant nothing to me."

I sniffed and cried at his words again. "But.. why?"

"I just don't think I can be with someone like you anymore. I don't love you. It was fun at first, but then you changed. The only good thing you brought to me was your family's wealth to be honest," he spat out. "But wealth doesn't last forever, so..." His voice trailed off as he began to rummage through his thoughts. "I need someone like Rissa. She's better at attending to me and my needs."

I scoffed upon hearing her name. "I supported you through everything, Jin!" I tried to yell, but my weak voice betrayed me and my cries spilled out like broken sobs. "What are you talking about? What has she done for you that I haven't?"

He scratched the back of his neck, looking for excuses to feed me. "Look, she just makes me happy. Plus, she doesn't have weird marks on her body. She's pure in that way." He gestured toward my heart shaped birth mark that scarred my wrist.

The pain and sheer truth behind his words pierced my heart, leaving a bloody wound that would never heal and shattered pieces that would never find their way back home. "I hate you, Jin," I bitterly replied, knowing fully well it was a lie.

He just shrugged his shoulders at me with an expressionless face. "You can blame yourself for the end of this relationship." He got up from the bench, but I grabbed his hand, hoping he would change his mind about me. About us.

"Jin, please."

"I don't have feelings for you and haven't for a while, Y/N. Let it be." With that, he harshly yanked his hand from my grasp and disappeared around the corner and from my life.

I clutched at my heart upon revisiting the memory. It's been months, but my heart still aches with each day. Whoever said time heals hasn't experienced the scarring touch that words have. Even though I convinced myself nothing was wrong with me, I couldn't help but let Jin's words live inside me and eat away at me every day.

Heaving out a sigh, I pulled my blanket higher above my head to slip into a deep sleep free of the pain I felt when I was awake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jinhwan's POV

I ran out of the house with only a fraction of my belongings. If my parents wanted me out that bad, then I'll happily grant them their wish. I could never be a bigger disappointment to them than they are to me.

I wandered through the bustling streets and watched as families happily basked in each other's company. I stopped in front of the newspost in the center of the square, checking for any flyers that were offering jobs. If I'm going to live on my own, I'll need a job.

Disappointed in the ads, I began to turn away when I ran into a bulky man. In a panic, I bowed profusely and apologized. "Sorry, sir!"

The man chuckled, and I looked up to see a very large man with kind features. Next to him was a petite lady decorated in all sorts of elegant jewels. Their appearance only made me want to apologize more. "It's okay, son! No need to panic." The man patted my back roughly but smiled at me.

"Thank you for understanding. I'll be on my way." I smiled at the couple and began to walk around them when the lady placed a gentle hand on my arm.

"Are you lost?" Her eyes were unbelievably gentle and so different from the usual angry eyes I always received at home. I nodded my head slowly, ashamed.