Brave King GaoGaiGar

Other Titles:

Yuusha-Ou GaoGaiGar

King of Braves GaoGaiGar

Synonyms:

GaoGaiGar

GaoGaiGar TV

Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar

Brave King GaoGaiGar

Yuusha-Oh GaoGaiGar

Type:

TV

Aired:

February 1, 1997 to January 31, 1998

Source:

Original

Genres:

Adventure, Mecha, Sci-Fi, Shounen

Synopsis:

In the year 2005, a race of alien monsters called Zonders emerge from underground and launch a series of attacks on the city of Tokyo. The only defense against these creatures is the secret agency known as the Gutsy Geoid Guard (or 3G) and their ultimate weapon, the awesome giant robot GaoGaiGar. GaoGaiGar's pilot, Guy Shishio, is a former astronaut who was nearly killed two years before when the Zonders first crashed to earth. Guy's life was spared when a mysterious robot lion called Galeon pulled him from the burning shuttle and brought him to Earth. Guy's father, Leo, then used Galeon's technology to rebuild his shattered son as a cyborg, in the hopes that he could stop the aliens when they appear. Now, with Galeon as its core, GaoGaiGar fights to protect Earth. He is aided by a team of transforming robots and by a young boy named Mamoru, who has the power to purify the Zonders' cores, and seems to be connected to the mysterious Galeon.

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Mamoru "Latio" Amami

A grade school alien kid.

- Taylor, Veronica (English)

- Itou, Maiko (Japanese)

- Lee, Seon (Korean)

Guy "Gai" Shishiou

A brave man with tremendous courage and enthusiasm, and the strength to never give up for the sake of life—even at the possible cost of his own.

Former astronaut and test pilot for the Space Development Corporation. In 2003, he had been in orbit testing an experimental space shuttle when an extraterrestrial object (later classified as EI-01) suddenly appeared in his flight path, smashing his shuttle out of the way. This left the shuttle disabled and Guy himself in a near-death state.

The alien mechanical lion, Galeon, would then appear and deal a crushing blow to EI-01, sending it out of orbit to land on Earth. Thereafter, Galeon would find the critically wounded Guy and return him to the Space Development Corporation. Adapting Galeon's technologies, his father Leo Shishioh would create a cyborg body for his son (with a G-Stone-powered mechanical heart), saving his life and giving him superhuman strength.

Cyborg Guy

Though legally declared dead, Guy would join the Gutsy Geoid Guard and become the commander of its Mobile Unit. Serving alongside his old high school sweetheart Mikoto Utsugi, he would boldly stand against signs of the coming alien threat. This would bear fruit when the Zonder Robo EI-02 emerged from Garbage Island in 2005. GGG's grand counterattack prepared, he would perform Fusion with Galeon and Final Fusion with the GaoMachines to become the Super Mechanoid GaoGaiGar and destroy EI-02, beginning a long-running battle against the Zonder threat.