Boogiepop Phantom

Other Title:

Boogiepop wa Warawanai: Boogiepop Phantom

Synonyms:

Boogiepop Never Laughs

Boogiepop Doesn't Laugh

Type:

TV

Aired:

January 5, 2000 to March 22, 2000

Source:

Light Novel

Genres:

Psychological, Supernatural, Dementia, Mystery, Horror, Drama

Synopsis:

Five years ago, a string of grisly murders shook the city to its core and now the rumors have begun once more. Boogiepop... Everyone knows about Boogiepop: meet her one dark night and you are taken. People tell each other the stories and laugh: no one believes that she can possibly exist in this day and age. Still, strange things appear to be going on and the darkness is taking on many forms. Something is out there. Are you safe?

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Boogiepop

The shinigami whispered of among the female students of Shinyo Academy, few people know that Boogiepop actually exists. Normally dormant, Boogiepop rises to the surface when enemies of the world appear. Boogiepop's appearance and voice are ambiguous: they seem both masculine and feminine at the same time. However, hidden beneath his signature black cloak and black, pipe-shaped hat, little is ever seen of him. Straight-faced and to the point, Boogiepop acts as mechanical as he claims to be. Boogiepop speaks in an archaic manner, and seems fond of whistling the overture to Wagner's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.

- Shimizu, Kaori (Japanese)

- Rabbai, Debora (English)

- Sindberg, Susan (French)

- Han, Chae Eon (Korean)

Nagi "Fire Witch" Kirima

Known as the Fire Witch to many, Kirima has made few friends due the way she distances herself from others: she knows that she is too dangerous for 'normal' people to associate with. She has a messianic complex, and seeks to save the world from whatever may threaten it. As such, whenever there are unusual happenings within the city, Kirima can be found investigating what has happened. In the past, she had spent a period of time in hospital. A combination of the events from that period of her life, as well as the death of her father, the famous writer Kirima Seiichi, brought her to follow this path in life. Extremely gifted both physically and intellectually, she has the basic tools she needs to carry out her self-appointed mission.

- Asakawa, Yuu (Japanese)

- Liberatori, Perla (Italian)

- Lillis, Rachael (English)

Touka Miyashita

Toka is an outgoing girl who has a lot of close friends and a number of acquaintances. She is very indifferent at times, but she does help guide people in the right direction when they need help.

- Shimizu, Kaori (Japanese)

- Mari, Valentina (Italian)

- Rabbai, Debora (English)