Boku wa Konomama Kaeranai

Other Title:

I Shall Never Return

Synonyms:

Our Road of no Return

Type:

OVA

Aired:

June 21, 1994

Source:

Manga

Genres:

Drama, Romance, Shounen Ai

Synopsis:

It is about Amafuji Ken, who longs to tell his best friend Youshinari Ritsurou how he really feels. In the way of that admission is Ritsurou's girlfriend, Moeko. After dropping out of high school, Ken gets Ritsurou to live with him. The angst begins when Ken sleeps with Moeko to get to Ritsurou.

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Ken Amafuji

Birthday: February 21

Pisces, Blood Type: B

According to the mangaka, Kazuna Uchida, the character who grows the most during the story. She even considers that she wrote the manga to follow the growth of this one young man. The novel version of I Shall Never Return is actually written from Ken's point-of-view. The mangaka most enjoyed writing the character as the bad boy he was when the series started. Eventually he started to change and grew more positive.

- Toochika, Kouichi (Japanese)

Ritsuro Yoshinari

Birthdate: July 7, the Festival of Tanabata

Cancer; Blood Type: Originally O, but the mangaka, Kazuna Uchida, decided later that his blood type was more like a Type A.

One of the main couple of I Shall Never Return, along with Ken Amafuji. Intended hero of the story, with a reserved personality. According to the mangaka, this personality was easy for a lot of people to relate to. Not into fashion, he usually wore only the most conservative clothing.

- Ichijo, Kazuya (Japanese)

- Supporting:

Moeko Kobashi

Main woman in the story I Shall Never Return. The girl who loses her boyfriend to his best friend. According to the mangaka, Kazuna Uchida, first girl character of hers to whom she could relate, and who inspired he to want to write more girl characters.

- Nagashima, Yuuko (Japanese)

#Anime

#Otaku