Bosco Adventure

Other Title:

Bosco Daibouken

Type:

TV

Aired:

October 6, 1986 to March 30, 1987

Source:

Book

Genres:

Kids, Adventure, Fantasy

Synopsis:

Based on the book by Tony Wolf.

The Fountain of Life is the source of all life forces in the Bosco World. Princess Apricot, who is supposed to become Queen of Fountainland-the Guardian of the Fountain of Life-is kidnapped by villains who aim to rule the Bosco World.

If Princess Apricot can't take the queen's throne by the next solar eclipse, the Fountain of Life will dry up. The animals living in the forest of Bosco, including Frog, Otter and Tortoise, decide to help Princess and take her to Fountainland in order to protect their peaceful life in the Bosco World. So begins the journey in a balloon full of dreams, hope, adventures, and love!

Characters and Voice Actors:

- Main:

Apricot

Kind, generous, friendly, mild elvish princess whose mission is to return back home to Fountain land before the total eclipse of the Sun. Her parents were killed by a monster Scorpion that occupied her homeland. Aboard the Bosco ship she is at first respected as a real princess, but being humble and everything but egocentric, she made clear that she doesn't want guys to call her Princess Apricot, but Apri, a short and convenient nick name which they'll start to use in the first episodes until the end. She is the one that encourages friends to help others in trouble, even though it delays her progress. And often, she notices beautiful sceneries such as flowers, meadows, etc. Her character adds a softer and feminine side to the rest of the crew. She is always ready to help with everything aboard Bosco, and regularly helps Frog with every problem. Apricot and Frog's relationship develops in different way then with Tutty and Otter. As the story goes on, romantic elements are combined with strong connection to each other, from the first contact on the deltaplane, to the very end.

- Minaguchi, Yuko (Japanese)

- Supporting:

Damia

Perhaps the most impressive character of the series, young, beautiful, angry and dangerous woman. Right hand of Scorpion, possesses a private army. Her first appearance is in episode 15, although she actually appears earlier, in episode 13, but for a short time. She is sent as the replacement for Hoodman, his back up precisely. Makes Bosco's progress harder, but in the same time a lot easier, since she fights also with Hoodman from time to time. Loyal to Scorpion, as he promised her half of the world after she deals with Apricot.

- Yoshida, Rihoko (Japanese)

- Banai corne, Nurit (Hebrew)

Hoodman "Cloaked Man"

Cloacked man, dressed in black, mercenary of Scorpion. Leader of big air ship called Scorpion, and the boss of Jack and Franz. Haunts the Bosco ship from episode to episode, what actually keeps the story interesting and dynamic. In the beginning we see him as a fierce, strong and scary leader, but as the story moves on he becomes more euphoric, stressed and devastated, mainly because of his incompetents aides and the intervention of Damia later in the series. By the end, we see him as completely different, rather funny and crazy.

- Ginga, Banjou (Japanese)

Atkin, Efron (Hebrew)    

#Anime

#Otaku