[21]

Sooo.. Hey! I'm sorry for not posting on this book lately but lately I haven't felt a major spark for this part of the story hehe..

AND I might also delete beauty in the water or just unpublished it because I don't really feel that flow for it anymore so sorry.

So updates might be slow and some might be cliche maybe, sooo without any further notes.

——————
Chapter 21
Lies only end up killing the truth
——————

Adrien's P.O.V (WOAH LONG TIME NU SEE BUDDY)

I watched helplessly against the wall, watching closely but also holding onto my conscious, my eyes felt heavy. I used my remaining strength to lift my arms up to my hip and press down, hoping it would stop the throbbing in my hip.

How could have this happened? It was expected and yet so, unexpected at the same time. My breath was getting heavy, probably all the smoke I've inhaled. I dropped my arms onto the ground, letting the sound of my claws make a little ting as the ground, my palms were sweating bullets, I soon remembered with an edition to my claws were the fur that curled around my wrist and covering my hand.

I peered over the corner, even with my eyes getting heavier I could see what was going on. Marinette stood there in her spot of utter shock, Lila was standing proudly, smirking. Her father looked angry, as tales I've heard from fellow merchants, the Kings temper is something you should never test, if you wanted a death wish of course.

I blocked out all sounds and paid attention to them.

(Kinda like a Third P.o.V but still in Adrien's P.O.V ish idk)

Tom shot a glare at her daughter,"M-Marinette? Why are you helping theses filthy creatures?!" Her eyes angered at the last words of his sentence. "They aren't flithy! They're kind and caring, like a family", Marinette's eyes shot daggers at her father, soon her eyes started shooting to Lila. "How could you? Abandon your family? What do you get out of this?"

Lila laughed, then looked back at her. Lila glared back at Marinette, "This wasn't a choice, Princess. I just thought it would be better if we returned you back to your father." "By setting your Own village on fire? By hurting innocents?!" Marinette yelled. Tom interrupted Marinette and Lila's little argument with a bigger question"Your Own Village? What is she talking about Volpina?" "Father.. She isn't who she think she is! Volpina is apart of them!" Marinette pleaded.

Lila stayed motionless, "But she's doing the right thing? Is she not? She's giving you back to where you belong" Tom replied, his voice laced with confusion and curiosity. "She isn't.." Marinette replied, she looked back at her father.

"I-" Before Tom could reply, "If you really want me back, at least, stop hurting innocents. Stop this" She gestured towards the village, it was still alight. Fires grew more furious and slowly catching up to Adrien's spot, Thankfully there wasn't that much wood around him so he wouldn't be caught up in the fire.

"But, they kidnapped you! Took you as hostage! They took Alya too! And" Lila interrupted the two, "Your highness, she's giving out lies! She's being forced to say theses things! Or else Alya will be killed!" Lila looked at Tom with fake sadness and pity.

"You have no right to say what is right and what is wrong for me Lila" Marinette spat rudely, she gripped her knife. "Father, the people you have hired are bandits." His eyes went wide in shock, he looked back too his hired group that were fleeing into the forest as soon as they heard that sentence.

Before Tom could say anything, he felt a swish go past him, Lila charged at Marinette. "Haven't you had enough?! You have everything why can't you just give up?" Lila blurted out. She extended her dagger to stab her, Marinette moved out of the way, she moved away from everyone else and into a more open area. Granted it was hard to move around with all this fire.

Marinette and Lila were facing each other with a good amount of space in between. Slowly circling each other, Adrien rotated his head to face the two girls, his breath started to slow, he felt something warm trickling down his hip. Blood, he thought. He groaned in pain, but was soon interrupted by a sudden clank.

The two girls had their knives touching each other, both forcing strength in their weapon. Lila's dagger was tilted, Marinette's was titled in a different direction, their faces only inches away. "I won't give up, even if everything's lost." She spat, still having their eyes concentrated on each other. The tension between them was electrifying, Marinette jumped back.

"Why are you doing this anyway?!" She shouted, Lila silenced. Only to be followed by a psychotic laugh, "It's true I do want you to be returned to your kingdom but not for a good reason." Marinette lowered her knife, looking at her with a questionable glare.

"The only reason I'm doing this is so I can have Adrien to myself." "By hurting others? Manipulating other people? By letting your people forever under this curse?" Her voice was dripping with anger and yet more confusion. Before Lila could reply, Marinette was charging at her. Lila stepped back soon slicing her dagger through the hair, it gently brushed Marinettes stomach, making Marinette double over and clutch her stomach to stop the stinging.

Lila went to go kick Marinette's Hip, it stopped only inches away from her hip, Marinette gripped her leg and threw her on the ground. She looked back at Lila who was laying on the floor, behind her was a wall, that had spider web like cracks on it.

She walked up to Lila, examining her, she bent down to go check her pulse. Lila soon vanished by her touched, and turned into a puff of orange smoke. Before Marinette could react, a cold steel dagger at her throat, Adrien could see everything that was happening, his blood boiled like a hot pot of water. Lila slowly pressed the neck down, letting it slice into Marinettes throat, She could barely breathe.

Lila stopped, "Let's finish you once and for all.." she whispered, Marinette closed her eyes, pain surged through her coming from her throat. Lila placed the knife on the side of her hip, poking her with the dagger, "See you later, Princess" with that Lila pierced Marinette with the knife.

She intended to stab her all the way through so apart of the knife would show but it was soon stopped by a certain blonde.

——————

Well I actually posted for once

I am so sorry for not posting for a couple of days it's just I didn't really know how to continue it off from the previous chapter so it left me thinking on ways how to continue the story. It needed to continue from the previous chapter and leave like a sort of cliff hanger to make another chapter so on so forth. Of course I would never abandon this book, I've seen how many people have read this book and of course it makes me happy to see people enjoy it.

Again I am truly sorry for not posting but I will post the next chapter tmr I Promise

Anyway~ See you in the next chapter!
-BluBellBlue