The priest asked me to climb into his chariot  that looked ancient and worn out. The fact that he still used it made me want to chuckle in amusement.

It took us a few minutes to reach the Cafe and i used that time to sort my memories out. The memories of my past life were as clear as day light. They were so bright, they almost over shined my present life.

I remembered my father, here on earth, a man who always drinks. The man I loved for who he was. My step mother, in her pink gloves and white knitted sweaters. My sister who died before I even realised she once existed. My neighbors May and her mother, the geniuses who handed me the lust potion of all things as a gift.

I smiled at the thought of the old lady  who offered me a job at the Cafe and all the acquaintances like Cheonsa who managed to win me over in a matter of days.

When the chariot jerked to a halt, I swung the door open and stepped out of it, the cool air of the night greeting me with a hug.

Signaling the priest to wait outside, I pushed the door open and the tiny bell above made a clinging noise.

I looked around the Cafe lit with candles here and there, which I thought was empty until I found the white haired female sitting on the far end, sipping on her hot cup of coffee.

A large smile split across my face as I rushed towards her and she only looked up at me with a gentle welcoming smile.

"Welcome back" She said and I didn't waste a second before wrapping my arms around her sitting form, pulling her in for a hug.

"Take me home" I asked quietly, the fact that she was there was a major relief.

"I can't" She answered, making me pull away.

"What do you mean?" I sat across from her, on the other side of the table as she pushed another coffee mug towards me, as if she was expecting my arrival.

The owner of the cafe, the old woman, with milky white hair was none other than the goddess in disguise. No matter how much she tried to hide herself and blend in, those piercing eyes that resembled Jimin's wouldn't fool me.

"You have to find your way back home, my dear" She said before taking another sip.

"How's Jimin? Hobi?" I asked quickly.

"They're waiting for you.." She smiled.

"All this time, I had no idea " I shook my head, drinking some of my own drink, somewhat frustrated with myself.

"Of course, you didn't. You took your  own time, making us all wait" She teased.

"I'm sorry" I apologized, drinking more of the coffee that made me feel bold and happy about the fact that I wasn't alone and that my memory had returned.

"How do I come back?" I questioned.

"The portal is open for anyone who's worthy" She repeated her own words from years ago. I looked at her with pleading eyes.

"Take me with you. You are the goddess.." I begged.

"I am. But, nobody can cross my words. Not even I" She reached out to place her hand on mine, "this world has no mercy for you, Yoona. Come back home soon".

"and my sister?" I asked with concern.

"She was sacrificed years ago and brought up to us" the lady spoke and I listened, "but Hoseok didn't accept her. Because of which, she was pushed back into the human world...again".

"Hobi sent her back again?" I gasped.

"Hmm" She nodded.

"Inspite of proving herself worthy?" I frowned.

The lady only nodded quietly, opting to say nothing.

"So she's here? Among us?" I asked, my eyes eyes lit up a little with excitement.

After all, she was my only sister. The one I spent all my childhood with. It's true that she did drag me along for a punishment I didn't deserve. It might be true that she wasn't worthy then. But she was still my sister and I knew she loved me.

"You want to see her, don't you?" The goddess smiled.

"Yes! Do I know her? Did you make her work here like me?" I questioned with hopeful eyes.

"You do know her.." She started, "but she doesn't work here".

"I know her?" I grinned more, "Oh my God!" I reached out to grip the goddess's hands, eyes wide and lips curled up in a small smile as I waited for her to answer me.

"Ashrays" the woman answered, making my heart swell and drop. A frown formed on my face.

Lani is Ashrays? My sister wasn't even human!

---

(For those who have forgotten, Ashrays is the female nocturnal sea creature that Yoona is friends with)

--

AN-

how have yall been? How's life treating you?