0.58

Take her away?

My head whipped towards Jimin who clenched his jaw at his mother's words. Hoseok looked as surprised and in shock as I was, but it was my sister's face which remained emotionless. It was as if she had expected this to happen.

"Jimin" I turned to face my man, but he only grabbed my hand and tightened his grip. Shaking his head, he looked straight ahead refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Open the portal and get rid of her" the goddess spoke , as if disgusted with the person she was looking  at, who happened to be my sister.

"Mother, stop!" Hoseok's voice was waves above his own. "Why are you doing this?" He hurried forward, shielding his girl.

I furrowed my brows as all eyes shifted to the mother of all.

"She is not the one for you, Hobi." She spoke, his nickname falling off her lips with concern "she isn't worthy".

The next thing I expected was for Hoseok to drag me in. When Lani's eyes shifted to mine, I expected Hoseok to notice and ask his mother about what made me worthy. But, that never happened. Hobi did notice the way his girl was staring at me, her eyes asking a million questions but he spoke as if I had nothing to do with the matter. It was as if he didn't want to involve me or Jimin. He subtly held us off the issue.

"I want to know why", Hoseok demanded, agitating his own mother.

"Are you questioning my decisions, Jung Hoseok?" She snapped and Jimin's grip on my hand loosened.

"Yes, I am. I bring her to you with hope and belief that you will see the good in her and accept her for what she is.." He exhaled, "but look at you" His voice rising, "rejection? You don't even want to know why i love her and how nice of a person she is!".

"Hoseok-ah!" her voice echoed around the room as she stood up and took a step away from the throne and closer to Hobi. The room fell even quieter and we were all holding our breaths.

"Do you want to see what I saw?" She asked, her voice loud and clear, "do you?" She descended down the steps until she stood on the same ground as Hoseok.

"Yes" he answered. I looked at Lani who stood silent, looking down at her own two feet and nothing else. I wanted to go hug her and tell her I was there, but Jimin's fingers was still wound around my wrist.

The goddess reached out and Hobi held onto his mother's hand. It was as if she was showing him something and as seconds passed, Hoseok's expression..which started out as that of impatience and wrath, transformed into different things. A small smile framed his lips as he looked down at their connected hands, meaning he was looking at something endearing, then his eye brows furrowed and he narrowed his eyes, he bit his lip the next second and at one point, he took in a deep, deep breath, tears welling up in his eyes and flowing down his cheek, before he yanked his hand away from his mother's.

"Enough!" Was all he said.

I watched him closely as he turned towards Lani and approached her ever so slowly. I hadn't realized how my own breathing was in sync with that of Hobi, wanting to know what  he knew.

"Lani.." Her name escaped his lips in a desperate plea, his eyes were red and swollen, even though it had only been a few seconds since he started tearing up.

I felt a pang in my chest when he reached out to stroke her cheek lightly. I bit my lip, waiting for something to happen. "You know why I never read your mind?" Hoseok asked, his eyes trained on her face. "You know why I never questioned you?"