0.36

With one glance over his shoulder, glaring at the shrine as if it was something he detested the most, he tugged at my arm, making me walk with him. The path chosen by Jimin pierced through the closely knit trees in the forest to emerge on the other side, opening into the beach.

As we walked into the forest the sky vanished almost completely, only a few fragments of blue remaining- like scattered pieces of an impossible jigsaw puzzle. The air was rich with the fragrance of leaves and loam, damp too.

It was the fact that Jimin was next to me that  gave me the courage to press my fingers onto the dark trees which were stripped off their bark rendering them all the more beautiful. The dampness was evident, but my fingers came off dry.

"Do you come here often? " I asked, tilting my head to look up at the man.

" Yeah" he nodded, "the hyungs avoid the temple as much as they can so.. "  he shook his head.

"Why? Isn't it safer that way? "

" To you, yes it is" he tightened his grip around my waist, "to us.. not really".

"umm-hmm" I narrowed my eyes at him, "I think I know what you are".

"I'm sure you don't " he chuckled.

" Yah! Don't underestimate me "

" Give me some time and I'll tell you everything. Don't break your head on this " he assured, before walking ahead faster.

" sure sure~ " I laughed, trying to keep up.

We stopped when the sea came into our view. It looked like a slumbering giant whose powers were untapped and muscles unflexed. We let our feet sink into the sand as we took careless steps towards the water. Huge waves rolled across the surface before crashing against our feet, stealing the sad from underneath.

"Shit! " Jimin cursed, stepping away from the water.

I chuckled, tugging at his shirt before walking deeper into the water until we were almost knee deep.

" No! What're you doing? " he panicked, glaring at the water.

" Jiminieee it's just water" I laughed at his childlike antics.

"No, its not, Yoona! " he spoke one last time and my eyes moved from his to the water.

A tall, translucent watery creature rose up from the sea, reaching from the grey water below till the grey skies above in the shape of a giant lady, flawless and beautiful. The water cascaded down the top, gracefully giving shape to her hair and her face as she opened her eyes.

" It's Ashray" I smiled, but before I knew it, Jimin tugged me back to the shore, far away from the water.

(Ashrays -  They are completely translucent water lovers that are often mistaken for sea ghosts. As they are nocturnal, you wouldn't come across these during the day.)

"Jimin-ah" I glared at him,  "she's harmless, I've known her since childhood!".

"I don't care, let's leave" he held me tight, making it impossible to move.

"She isn't evil. She's been protecting us for so long now-"

"Don't argue with me on this. Let's leave " he repeated.

" But-"

"Please Yoona" he looked serious and I didn't want to make more of a mess on our very first day than it already was, so I obliged, walking away from the water.

~~~

Tell me what you think :')