Chapter 24.

Coby was finally well, and things were back to normal. He and I went back to our business, and even moved into our own little apartment here in the U.K. Meanwhile, Andrew and his basketball team were playing tons of games during the basket season. Daniel's company was rising higher and higher by the hour.

The whole incident has made Coby and I's relationship stronger. Daniel and I have gotten back on good terms and we remain friends from this point on. Things were finally calm and happy.

I heard footsteps come from behind me. Two arms weapped around me and kissed my cheek. I giggle and kiss my boyfriend's cheek in return.

"Hello, gorgeous. Are you ready for the big game today?" He asks

Today, Coby, Daniel, Oliver, and I were all going to Andrew's big game. The four of us were able to take a break from our stressful jobs.

"Definitely. I'm so so excited to watch his game in real life this time instead of from the screen" I say

"Me too! We finally get to see him play live AND we get the best seats in the house" He says

A horn beeped from downstairs which meant our rides were here. Daniel and Oliver were picking us up in the limo.

"Let's go!!" I say excitedly. I grab his hand and drag him downstairs, but he pulls back. I look at him in confusion.

"You go on ahead. I have to get something first" He says. I nod and rush downstairs.

"Hey V!" Daniel and Oliver greeted me as I opened the door

"Hey guys!!!" I smiled widely at them

"How do you look so amazing in just casual outfit?" Daniel says

"It's a gift." I laugh and flip my hair

It didn't take long for Coby to join us. We drove to the game to watch Andrew's team pummel the other.
.
.
.

Okay...so Andrew's team wasn't exactly pummeling the other. They were struggling to win because the two teams were in a constant tie. Andrew was visibly stressed and frustrated.

"Jeez...I did not think it was gonna be this tense." I say

"I know right." Daniel nods his head in agreement

"I haven't seen him play since high school, but damn has he's gotten even better" Daniel says

"I know right?! I didn't think it was possible, but he's even better than before!!" I exclaim

"Dang good for him. I wish I could say my soccer was still good, but I'm really rusty" Daniel laughs

"Oh yeah. I haven't danced in a long time" I chuckled

"Do you ever wonder how the others are and what they're doing?" He asks

"Yeah, I do. I keep in touch, but that's just rarely. Last I heard from them, Bella and Chris got engaged" I said

"You got the invitation too?!" He asks excitedly

"Yes!!" The two of us high five and begin sharing stories just like how we always hang out.

It was as if everything was okay, and that was just the way I liked it.

If Only I knew that things weren't going to stay "okay"...

After a VERY close game, Andrew's team won the championships. From all the streamers, fans cheering, and team mates hugging him, I can see the happy look on Andrew's as he held up the trophy.

I was probably cheering and screaming the loudest. I ran down to the court and pushed my way to Andrew. His team mates saw me and let me run to my big bro.

I jumped on him and squealed loudly in his ear.

"YOU DID IT!!!! IM SO PROUD OF YOU DREW!!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! HOLY SHIT" I yell

"Thanks sis!!!" He laughs

Among the cheering of the people, we heard someone clear their throats in the microphone.  Andrew's eyes widen. His smile grew impossibly larger as he put me  down. He told people to make way and go off to the side. The crowd parted and stood at the end was Coby with a bouquet of flowers. My eyes widen in shock and confusion.

"Coby? What are you-"

"Verdana...I would first like to thank Andrew for not only giving me this opportunity but also pushing me to ask you out on a date way back when." He said. His voice was shaky and he looked extremely nervous.

"V...Where do I even begin? I met you when I was in a dark moment in my life. I was depressed and wanted to die most of the time. When you came...things just changed. I found myself always looking forward to you. I was always checking my phone to see if you texted or checking my watch to see if you were arriving any time soon. The thought of you consumed me. I can't believe that you've stuck by me and my ass all throughout the years."

"We've had our ups and downs, but that's just cause we're not perfect-well, you're pretty close to it. But in all seriousness, I just want to thank you. I love you so so much that words can't even explain it. I tried my best to make a good speech for you, but I just can't describe how much I love you"

"Words just can't describe how much I wish and want for you to make me the happiest man in the world. Nothing can describe how much I would want-"

He pauses and gets down on one knee. My jaw drops and I literally pinch my hand to see if this was a dream. My heart was pounding like crazy. The anticipation was killing me.

"For you to marry me." He finishes

I felt tears prick my eyes. A whole life together with Coby...I've been waiting for this for so long.

"Will you marry-"

"YES!!!" I squeal, not even letting him finish.  I run up to him and hugged him tightly. He takes a deep breath and squeezes me. I felt tears of joy running down my faces. He pulls back and kisses me passionately. We blocked out the aww's and squeals around us. It was him and I at that moment, and it was going to be him and I forever.

Things weren't just "okay". They were god damn perfect.

After so many struggles and pain, things were finally fucking perfect.

But...it wasn't perfect for everyone, especially a certain heartbroken man that left the building the minute Coby started his speech.

//////////////////////////

So!!! Things are coming to an end in this book. And I'm going to try my best to make it good and not write half assed because I am very very unmotivated to continue. I will try my best though for all the remaining readers and supporters I have left out there.

I'm sorry if this doesn't meet up to your expectations, but it's better than just discontinuing the book as is.

Anyway! See you soon ~

                                                                     AB.