Chapter 16 ~ Part 1

~ Flashback ~

"V! V! Did you see that?! I made a goal!!! I made a goal!!!"  The 8 year old boy exclaimed. He ran over to his best friend and they hugged each other tightly.

"I knew you could do it!!!" His best friend said happily. She was beaming with pride.

"I wamma be a soccer player whem I grow up!!" The boy said.

The little girl giggled at her best friend. At 8 years old, he couldn't say the letter N. It both worried and amused his parents. This was one of the reasons he called her V instead of Verdana, or should I say Verdama.

"I bet you'll become famous!!!" The little girl said in awe at the thought

"Whem I become famous, I will bring you with me!!"

"Really?!"

"Of course!! You're my bestest friemd!!"

"You're my bestest friend too, Daniel"

.
.
.

"I brought snacks!!!!" Daniel says as he enters the house.

He placed down the bags of junk food on the kitchen table. It was Friday, the last day of school. Him and his best friend are having a sleep over to celebrate it together.

In her room, the 12 year old female groaned in pain. It was that time of the month and she was experiencing major cramps. She knew she couldn't miss this celebration though. She hasn't seen Daniel in a long time because of the exams.

Wrapping a blanket around herself, she trudged down the stairs. Daniel heard her ragged footsteps and turned around to look at his best friend. He frowned slightly as he saw her. He walked over to her and helped her down the stairs and to the couch.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yeah...I just have some really bad cramps."

"Oh no...is there anything I can do to help?"

"I don't know..."

The girl laid her head on his shoulder. Daniel frowned at his best friend's pain. He thought of ways to help, and he suddenly remembered how his dad comforted his mom when she was in pain too.

Daniel lifted her head and laid it on the couch gently. He rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the tub mint chocolate chip ice cream, her favorite food in the world. Along with two spoons and some other snacks, he rushed back to the living room. He put down all the food and rushed to her room. He took the comfiest pillows and rushed back downstairs.

As he did all this, V watched him curiously. She didn't move from her previous position, because it would hurt too much. She watched her best friend and occasionally glanced at the ice cream in front of her.

Daniel sat down on the couch with the pillow on his lap. He laid V's head on the pillow and wrapped the blanket around her. He then grabbed the ice cream and remote.

"What movie do you want to watch?"  He asked her

"Uhmm how about Home alone?" She answers

"Good choice" He nodded as he put on the movie.

He opened the ice cream and scooped some into the spoon. V tilted her head so she was facing him. Daniel gently grabbed her chin and put the spoon up to her lips.