Chapter 7.

The three of us ended up spending the rest of the day together. Oliver and Andrew are like twins. They are so much alike. The amount of times Daniel and I have rolled our eyes today is uncountable.

Right now we were at the park. Oliver and Andrew have wandered off somewhere, leaving Daniel and I alone. We were catching up and just talking.

"Hey Daniel?" I ask

"Hmm?"

"Why'd you leave?"

The question made him tense up. His face fell and he had a pained look. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Well..." He trails off, trying to find the right words

"It's okay. Nevermind." I say but he shakes his head

"No. You deserve to know" He says and takes a deep breath

"I had liver cancer."

I let out a shaky breath. Oh my god...all those stomach pains he'd been experiencing. He started getting weaker and weaker. I always brushed it off because he told me not to worry. He always looked fine. He never showed anyone he was hurting.

"And my parents told me that they had a good friend who could help. That friend even let me get the treatment at a reasonable price. The only problem was that we had to move all the way to London. I-I didn't have the guts to tell you. To tell anyone. So I just kept it a secret. I was supposed to leave on your birthday but I told my parents that I HAD to be with you on that day. Everything was going so amazing but then I had to get sick and I know that fuck I was gonna hurt you again...I regret it. I regret not telling you. I'm sorry..." He said looking at me with a pained expression.

"The promise ring..." I said softly

"It was to tell you that I will come back for you. I will always love you. No matter where we are or how long we won't see each other, I will always love you." He says and looks down

"I've been keeping that promise...I still love you....always have, always will. The other girls that,as you might know, who have been with me, they don't mean shit. I will always love you." He says and I look down.

He's still talking but I don't hear anything.

All this time...he still loves me. He never moved on. But I have. Until today he loves me but my heart belongs to someone else now.

How am I supposed to tell him about Coby....

Daniel's POV

"I promised that one day I will marry you. And I'm intending to keep that promise, V. I love you." I say

I'm keeping my promise.
I love her.

But...

She didn't feel the same way anymore.

////////////////////////////////////