14

Taehyung arrives breathlessly at the door, he prays to all the almighties that the code is still the same. After typing it in, there's a red light. "Fuck, he changed it."

An idea comes up but he doesn't have much hope. His birthday without the year is his next try but it doesn't work too. What could it be?

There's one last chance before Jeongguk would get notified. He thinks about what he'd use and tries 0912, his and Jeongguk's birth months and tadaa, the green light shows up. "Fuck, I'm one lucky bitch." He smiles to himself when the door opens.

Taehyung tiptoes into the house, wants to surprise the younger if he's home. Nobody is in the living room, as well as in the kitchen or office. Could it be that he's sleeping? The older makes his way to the bedroom only to be greeted with an also empty room. "He must be at work, of course. Overworking himself even more." With a shake of his head, he hides his bag in the big closet.

Taehyung waits for three hours, it's already past nine in the evening and there's no sign of the CEO. Maybe he should call Yunhee? She always was nice and supportive of them.

He looks through his phone to find her number. "There it is." He chuckles.

After three rings, the elder woman takes the call. "Jeon models' office of Jeon Jeongguk, Jung is speaking."

"Hello Yun, Taehyung here. Please don't make a noise or Jeongguk will hear it." He whispers, doesn't know why he does it because it's just a call.

"Oh my God, how are you?" She has to hold herself back to not squeal.

"I'm fine but I'll come straight to the point." He speaks in a normal tone now.

"Okay, I'm listening." Yunhee feels like a double agent, she lives for dramas and this is exciting.

"Tell Jeongguk that he has to go home because of an emergency but you don't know what exactly happened. I'm in his bedroom but don't tell him that, I wanna surprise him." Taehyung makes a shhh noise to make his statement more clear.

"I understand, consider it done. You can count on me." Now she's whispering, afraid that her boss will hear it.

"You're a sweetheart Yun. Thank you so much!" He smiles and she can hear it in his voice.

"For the both of you I'll even go to jail if it means that you're back together." Yunhee says it with her whole chest, meaning every word.

"Oh no, that would be horrible haha. I'd bail you out if this ever happens, you have my word." Taehyung chuckles and she joins him, covering the speaker and her mouth.

"Alright, Mission 'bring Jeongguk home to his husband' starts now. He'll be there in around twenty minutes." Yunhee sits up straight, sounding more determined than ever.

"You're my girl, if you wouldn't be already married to the perfect man, I'd steal you." Taehyung flirts, making her laugh.

"You're such a sweet boy Tae, you both deserve each other." She loves them so much. "Oh, I have to cut you. Bye and good luck." Yunhee says fast and hangs up.

Taehyung knows that Jeongguk must be the reason. He runs to the kitchen to prepare a few snacks and tea for the other. It doesn't take long but he only has twenty minutes.

When everything is done, he brings it to the bedroom and hides it behind the nightstand. His heart is beating faster when there are only five minutes left. It doesn't feel real, now that it's so close to happen. Taehyung hurries to the bathroom when the sound of someone typing the code in can be heard.

He's afraid that Jeongguk will be able to hear his breathing so he covers his mouth with his palm. Shit, why is this so nerve-wracking?

Jeongguk is walking through the rooms, searching for the emergency Yunhee was talking about. He had thought his house would be in flames because maybe he forgot to turn off the stove but no, everything seems to be normal. "That's weird." He rubs his eyes, tiredness overcoming him. "When I'm already here, I can just take a nap."

He goes to his bedroom, without taking a shower or undress then lets himself fall on the bed. "Oh, this is nice." His whole body aches from sitting the whole day, hovering over papers.

Taehyung hears him, slowly opens the door to step out of his hideout. When he stops in front of the bed, he waits.

Jeongguk has his eyes closed, is about to fall asleep but he hears a weird noise, as if someone is clearing his throat. Is he already hearing things now? To check if there's someone in his room he opens the heavy lids and sees none other than Kim Taehyung, smiling widely at him.

The younger groans, sitting up. He thinks that it's only his imagination again but when the figure doesn't disappear after shaking his head, he gets out of the bed.

Jeongguk stares at the other who's not saying a word. He raises his hand and pinches the older's cheek. It's a way to make sure it's real or not, right?

His imagination chuckles while rubbing the spot. "You're supposed to pinch yourself, silly."

It makes Jeongguk's eyes widen, never has his imagination spoken to him. "Holy shit!" He stumbles back. "A-are you real? Are you really there in my room?"

"Yes Jeonggukie, I'm back. Did you miss me?" The sweet tone of Taehyung's voice makes Jeongguk shiver, of course he had missed him, so fucking much.

He's about to hug Taehyung but then he remembers that he's actually really mad at him so he scoffs. "If I've missed you? Do you have an idea how much I've suffered because of you. I couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, can you see the bags under my eyes?" He points at them before crossing his arms in front of his chest, shoving his bottom lip out a bit in a bratty manner.

Taehyung knows that it was hard for the younger so he decides he needs to pamper him just how he deserves it after apologizing to him. "I'm so sorry baby, I didn't mean to make you suffer so much. If it helps you, I was hurting too."

The CEO can't believe what he's hearing. "You could have ended it earlier! Why didn't you come back then?" It didn't make any sense to him.

Taehyung sighs. "I wanted you to know that lying to me is a no go. We need to be honest to each other to make our upcoming marriage work."

Jeongguk accepts that, he's right but it doesn't mean that he's going to immediately forgive him. "Show me how sorry you are, maybe I'll accept your half assed apology."

Taehyung laughs, goes behind the nightstand and bends down to take the snacks and tea. "I'm sure the tea is already cold but the snacks should still be good."

As if on command Jeongguk's stomach growls. He pouts but takes the food. "Thank you but you need to make a new cup, I wanna drink it warm."

"Of course baby, anything for you." He takes the cold cup and leaves the room.

Jeongguk sits down, munches on the sandwich with a moan, it tastes so fucking good. He doesn't remember when he ate the last time, was it today or yesterday?

Taehyung comes back, handing him the new made tea and sits down next to him, watching him eat. It makes his heart swell, seeing how much he's enjoying his food.

They don't speak for a while, Jeongguk is too tired and Taehyung is happy to be there, it's enough for him for now.

When Jeongguk is done, Taehyung takes the dishes and puts them aside. "Do you want more?"

The younger shakes his head, his stomach isn't used to be filled anymore. "Wanna sleep now."

Taehyung nods, pushing him gently back into a laying position and covers his thin body with a blanket. He wants to join him but doesn't know if it would be okay for the other.

"You can sleep in the guest room." Jeongguk seems to be able to read his mind. Taehyung nods, knows that it's his way to show that he's still hurt so he leaves him alone.

As soon as Taehyung is gone Jeongguk opens his eyes. "You could have insisted on staying." He huffs disappointed but sleep overcomes him.