10

Jeongguk panics. "Tae, baby!" He runs after him and opens the door. "What are you doing?"

Taehyung scoffs, stops throwing his clothes into his bag. "I thought that giving you the chance to tell me everything would make you do it." He turns around to face the younger. "I've heard everything Jeongguk but I still don't know about what you're lying to me and it bothers me to the core."

"Tae please, let's sit down I'll explain it to you but you have to let me finish before you're going to yell at me." Jeongguk takes a seat on his bed and mentions to the other to do the same.

Taehyung rolls his eyes but gives in. "Fine, I'll listen to the story but don't you dare to skip something or lie again." His voice is deeper than usual, almost threatening.

Jeongguk nods his head, shows two fingers in front of him. "I swear, the truth and nothing else."

Both stare at each other for a while until Taehyung raises an eyebrow. "What are you waiting for, I'm not getting younger."

Jeongguk clears his throat. "Okay, first of all I really didn't know who you were when I took you home with me. To be honest, the reason why I did it, was because you were wearing expensive clothes and I wasn't afraid that you'd rob me as soon as you wake up." A slight chuckle leaves his mouth at the thought, it sounds so stupid now.

"The next day when you told me your name I was surprised because you had the same name as my future husband."

Taehyung frowns but Jeongguk waves his hands. "No, wait. I don't mean it as a cheap pickup line. For a long time now I know that I'll get married to a man with the name Kim Taehyung but I didn't know what he looked like. Then you came, telling me the reason why you ran away from home and I connected the dots." Jeongguk tries to read Taehyung's expressions but the latter just sits there, waiting for him to continue.

The CEO sighs. "I talked to my father about the situation, asked him to tell your parents that you're safe and with me. I hoped that you'd like me by getting to know my personality so you'd agree to the marriage because you want me to be the man on your side and not because it's arranged."

Taehyung couldn't stay silent anymore so he raises a hand, signaling Jeongguk to stop so he can speak. "And you thought that if you'd be honest to me from the beginning I'd run away without giving you a chance? You really don't know me one bit Jeongguk."

"I really didn't Hyung. All I knew was that the man who I'll marry doesn't know about it but when you told me you hated the thought, I panicked." There's no reason to hold back anymore. "Please don't give us up, I really started to like you more than just as a friend and I'd even go as far as to say that I fell in love with you." Jeongguk glances down to his hands, can't stand the thought of Taehyung looking at him with disgust.

"Jeongguk." The older says gently. "Look at me." He takes his chin into his hand, raising the head. "I'm really disappointed in you, mad even but I also can see where you're coming from. I also wanna be honest with you. This whole time I hoped it was you who's arranged to marry me but I thought it's not possible because if it would be the case, you would have told me. To say I was conflicted is an understatement, I love my parents even though they did that but I also started to like you more than I should." Taehyung needs a moment to collect himself.

"I was thinking of a way to talk to them that I've found someone I wanna spend the rest of my life with and that he's also a CEO just as they had wanted. Imagine my surprise when I've heard you saying that you're lying to me. I was so confused and just hoped you'd tell me when I give you a possibility to, so I asked you who called." Taehyung has to hold back a tear that's threatening to fall.

"Baby, I-" Jeongguk tries to hug him but Taehyung shakes his head.

"Please don't call me that for now. I don't think I can just say that I'll forgive you and live happily ever after with you. I need time, if you really love me as you've said, you will wait. If not, feel free to search for an other husband." He gets up without waiting for an answer and takes all of the remaining clothes without care to put them into his bag.

"I have your number, if I've gotten my head clear and if I'm ready to face you again, I'll call you. Until then, please don't contact me. Tell my parents everything that has happened and also that I love them. I really need to be alone for a while, they don't need to search for me." He turns around and leaves.

Jeongguk breaks down, he will wait for him, however long it takes Taehyung to forgive him.

He's a great person who doesn't deserve this but unfortunately he has noticed it too late and now has to live with the consequences of his actions. "Please don't forget me Tae." He pleads sobbing to no one in particular because the one who needs to hear it is already gone.