11

Taehyung counts his money and sees that he has enough to rent an apartment or hotel room for at least a month. There's also enough for food and other things a human needs to survive in this city.

It took him almost an hour until he thought he's far away from his family and Jeongguk.

"The rest is for you." Taehyung pays the taxi driver, including a generous amount of tip.

"Thanks man, that's really nice of you." The elderly man nods as a thank you before driving off.

Taehyung looks around, the building looks nice and the shops around it aren't unknown names. "Versace, Burberry, Gucci." Are just a few of them.

The girl at the reception smiles at him. "Welcome to Hilton resort, may I help you?"

"Hello, thanks. I'd like to book a room for a month if it's possible." He pulls his credit card out but realizes that he shouldn't use it. "Can I pay cash?"

The girl who has seen the JP Morgan Chase Palladium Card, knows that only rich people own one. "Of course sir. Are there any special treats you wish to book? We have different massages, spas, manicures, pedicures-"

"Can I have a flyer so I can look through them all and decide later on?" Taehyung smiles at her, wants nothing more than to finally rest.

"Of course sir, here's your key card and this is the flyer. Have a nice stay at the Hilton resort." She bows for a few seconds before standing straight again.

"Thank you Miss." He takes his bag and walks to the elevators. Takes the first one to arrive and waits for the doors to close.

With a deep sigh he leans backwards, his back resting on the wall. "Why did he have to lie to me, everything was perfect." Taehyung hates it when he doesn't have any control over his emotions. He presses his eyelids together and rubs them with his fingers. "Stop crying idiot." He tells himself.

The 'ding' of the elevator announces that he has arrived his floor. It's long and wide, Taehyung is used to live in a hotel for a few days or even a week due to his job.

The card, the receptionist gave him, opens the assigned room and he steps in. "So this will be my home for the next few weeks."

Taehyung takes a bath first, needs the relaxing atmosphere and feeling more than ever. He thinks of Jeongguk, is missing him already. It's not that he hates him now, he's just really disappointed and also mad at him for breaking his trust.

He would have stayed, even forgiven his lie but Jeongguk needs to know that it was a no go. Trust is important, trust and sincerity. Without them, he can't be in a relationship or marriage. Their lives will be hectic and they'll meet a lot of other people, people who wants to ruin them or maybe even break them apart.

There will be times where they have to trust each other over what others say and if Taehyung would have just given in, he maybe would doubt him.

Now that Jeongguk can break the arranged marriage off with a good reason, he'll see if the young CEO means what he has said. If he really loves him or if it was just an empty confession.

The night comes fast and so comes his tiredness. He goes to bed with a busy mind but hopes that he can sleep without waking up in the middle of the night.

To his luck it's 9 am when he opens his eyes. Out of habit he reaches over to the other side of the bed where Jeongguk usually lays but of course there's no one. "How could I forget." Taehyung shakes his head with a pout, getting up for his morning routine.

He checks his phone while brushing his teeth and scrolls through the daily news.

There's a line that catches his eye so he reads it out loud after spitting the toothpaste into the sink. "Not even a month after Jeon Jeongguk, CEO of Jeon Models, is back to Seoul he announces that he'll be on a break for a while. Could it have something to do with the sudden disappearing of Kim Taehyung, who has be seen with the younger CEO for the past weeks?"

Shocked he throws the toothbrush into the sink and cleans his mouth. "What the fuck?"

Taehyung needs to call his father, even tho he doesn't really want to but there's no other way to get to know about the situation.

"Taehyung?" His mom answers, Taehyung can hear that she's surprised but also happy.

"Hi mom, is dad home?" Even if he loves his mom, this is something he needs to ask his father.

"Yes honey, wait a second." He hears her calling his name and soon after loud steps announce that he's coming closer.

"Tae, is this really you?" The deep voice he has missed so much asks.

"Yes dad, it's me. I think you know why I'm calling." Taehyung's father always watches the news first thing in the morning.

"It's Jeongguk, isn't it? You've seen it." It's the confirmation Taehyung has needed.

"So it's true, he takes a leave?"

"It's not because of you, at least not entirely. His father has told him to make a decision. Jeongguk has to decide if he wants to wait for you or not." Taehyung is sure that Jeongguk has told them already, that's why he's not asking any questions about his whereabouts or reasons why he ran away.

"I see. Thank you for telling me." The future CEO of Kim Corporation hates the business sometimes.

"You're welcome son. Don't give him up, I'm sure he doesn't need to think but since his dad has asked him to, he can't just say no." Mister Kim tries to cheer his son up, has talked to Jeongguk a few times over the weeks and knows that he's in love with Taehyung.

"I need time dad, I can't say anything yet. He really disappointed me but we will see." Taehyung closes his eyes, furrows his brows when he hears his mom sobbing. He knows how much she wants him to be happy. "Bye mom, bye dad."

"Bye Tae, take care." They end the call after that.

Taehyung goes back to his bed and throws himself on it with a loud sigh. "Wait for me baby, just a month."