13

One more week goes by without any contact between the both of them.

Taehyung misses him more and more, doesn't know why he's taking so long to make the call. It's been three weeks now and he hates it.

Jeongguk on the other hand is exhausted from all the work he has loaded onto himself. He feels sick but can't take a day off.

He doesn't know when he has stopped looking at his phone for any messages from the other but it must have been a few days already. He's not giving up but thinking about the what ifs is more stressful than just pushing all the thoughts away.

Their parents meet regularly, exchange news about their sons.

"He's not eating well and I don't know when he has slept for more than four hours every day in the last two weeks. Every day I see him with dark rings under his eyes and I'm really about to call a doctor." Miss Jeon brings her concerns to the table.

"I'm so sorry dear." Taehyung's mom takes her hand and squeezes it gently. "Taehyung isn't doing well either, I think he'll come back soon."

"Do you think he's going to forgive him?" Jeongguk's father hopes that he can get an answer so he doesn't have to contact Jaena's parents.

The Kim couple looks at each other before the woman's gaze is back on the Jeons. "He's missing him so much, but our son is also stubborn. I'm sure if we tell him that Jeongguk isn't doing well, he'll pack his things and-"

"Please." Miss Jeon pleads. "Please tell him, I can't watch Jeongguk ruin himself anymore." Her eyes look sad and Taehyung's mother nods. "I will, don't worry." A small smile of sympathy plays on her lips.

When the Kims reach their home, Taehyung's mom makes the call. They all agreed on contacting each other if it's necessary and this is an emergency.

"Hi." Taehyung answers almost immediately.

"Hi honey, how are you?" Her voice is soft and sounds a little bit tired.

"I'm fine- No, who am I kidding, I'm not fine but I survive." He sighs, sits down on the bed.

His mother sighs too. "Tae, how about you end it all today huh? Come back and visit him."

"I can't, I promised myself that I'll stay away for at least a month and there's still a week to go." Taehyung always stays to his words, it's just one week more.

"I don't get it, you miss him just as much as he does!" She whines into the speaker. "Please do us both a favor and Google him, maybe it will change your mind." Miss Kim knows that there are many pictures of Jeongguk where he looks miserable.

"Why would it change a thing, he's more successful now. I don't know why I should punish myself by looking at him." He didn't search for Jeongguk online the past two weeks, it makes him miss him even more.

"Just do it son, I have to end the call now because your dad needs me. Stay healthy, promise me you'll be back soon. One week, remember?" She still has hope that he'll go online but if not, she wants to make sure he really comes back.

"Yes mom, I'll be back next week." That's the plan at least.

"Okay, thank you. Bye sweetheart, don't forget to eat and sleep. Drink a lot of water too." She always reminds him to take care of himself, like a typical loving mother does.

"Yes mom, I will. You do too, okay? Love you, tell dad that I love him too." Taehyung hasn't seen his parents for almost two months.

"Love you Tae bear. I will tell him." She looks at the phone seconds later, Taehyung has ended the call after she was done speaking.

Taehyung takes his laptop and places in on the bed in front of him. "Should I really do it?"

After debating with himself, he pushes it aside and lays down. Why did his mom mention it? What's wrong with his Ggukie?

It doesn't even take two minutes and he sits up again, bends over to fetch the laptop and opens it. "Fuck it, I need to know."

When he types his name into the search function, the first picture he sees is an old one. He snorts, of course there's nothing really going on.

He scrolls through the timeline until an actual picture of Jeongguk gets his attention. The date is from yesterday and he looks horrible. "What the fuck is this?"

He opens the tab and sees more of them. The article says that the CEO of Jeon models looks weak and not in a good shape. Dark rings under his eyes and too skinny are the key words.

Taehyung is shocked to say at least. He brushes over Jeongguk's face with his thumb and a single tear runs down over his cheek. When Taehyung notices it, he aggressively wipes it away.

"That's it, I can't do this anymore." He closes the device and jumps up to pack his things. "I don't wanna be the reason that he ends up in a hospital."

Taehyung's gained a habit of talking to himself, since he's always alone in his room, barely goes out.

Not long after, he sits in a cap on his way to Seoul. He gave the driver Jeongguk's home address and hopes that the younger is home or that he still has the same password on his door, in case he's at work. He's going to hug the shit out of him and kiss the younger silly when he sees him. Then after showing him how much he loves him, he'll feed the poor boy and put him to sleep.

Taehyung hates himself for taking so long when he already knew he'll come back to him after being away for only three days. His stubbornness made both suffer for too long.