17

Y/N POV
——————
I woke up at 4:30AM to the sound of 'Perfect' By Ed sheeran. I turned off my alarm and started to get ready. I decided not to wear too much makeup, so I only put on waterproof mascara. There was no point to even try and do my makeup, because I was about to bring Jaeden to the airport and I knew I would probably end up crying anyway. Than I put my hair up In a messy but cute ponytail and a comfy outfit that looked half decent because my mom is making me go to school after this. I really don't want to considering it's a Friday so I should just take 1 day off and stay home, but she insists on me going, seeing that I missed 1week of school for Jaedens visit.
(Your outfit)

It was now 4:50

It was now 4:50. we have to leave at 5:30 so Jaeden doesn't miss his flight at 7. So I decided to walk out to Jaedens room to see if he was ready. I knocked on his door than opened it. He was finishing packing a few things in his bag. When he was done he came up to me and hugged me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much"

He whispered into my hair.

I looked up at him.

He looked back at me.

He started slowly moving his face closer.

So did I.

Our lips were about to touch, until my mom sang out asking if we were ready.

Jaedens POV
————————
Y/N came in to see what I was doing. She started talking to me while I was packing a few extra things in my suitcase. I found it hard to talk to her, and my stomach felt funny. Than it finally hit me. I like Y/N. A lot. And now I have to go home Without her.

I walked up to her and hugged her.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" I said it so quietly I didn't think she was going to hear me, but than she looked up at me so I looked back at her.

Without thinking I slowly started moving my face closer to hers.

She started moving her face closer too.

We were about to kiss, until Y/Ns mom sang out asking if we were ready.

Y/N turned around and replied to her mom

"Yeah we'll be down in a minute mom"

She turned back and looked at me while giving me a small smile.

"I'm gonna miss you too"

Than she left my room.

Y/N POV
—————
For breakfast we didn't want something too big, so we just had a bowl of cereal. Than at 5:24AM Jaeden brought his suitcase out into the truck. Jaeden and I sat in the back so we could be together for a bit longer while my mom obviously sat up front so she could drive.

During the long drive I ended up putting my head on Jaedens shoulder and falling asleep.

When I woke up we were at the airport my head was still on Jaedens shoulder and Jaeden has his head laid on my head. I looked down and he was holding my hand. I smiled.

~~~

My mom and I walked into the airport with Jaeden. As we were walking in Jaeden had his suitcase in one hand, and my hand in the other.

~~~

At 6:52 they told everyone on Jaedens flight that it was time to board the plane. My mom gave Jaeden a hug and thanked him for coming, and he thanked her for letting him Stay with us. Than I walked him over to his gate. We stopped when we got to his gate and he looked at me. I felt my eyes starting to tear up, so I hugged him before he could notice. But he must've because he told me that I could come visit anytime I wanted, and that he would FaceTime me as soon as his plane landed. It didn't stop me from crying though, I knew it wouldn't be the same.

After we said our final goodbyes he turned and went to go through the gate and board the plane.

As I saw him walking to go through the gate, I mentally face palmed.

'I'm an idiot' I thought.

"Jaeden" I said walking faster towards him

By the time he turned around I had caught up to him.

I stopped in front of him, than smashed my lips into his. Butterflies exploded in my stomach as we kissed. We both slowly separated.

Jaeden looked at me and smiled.

"Bye"

And with that he walked out through the gate and onto his flight.

~~~

On the car ride home I was lost in my own thoughts. Jaeden was now on his way home, and I have to suffer in school, where Elisabeth will more than likely be there to beat me up, and I don't have Jaeden. I have no shoulder to cry into, no one to eat ice cream and watch movies with, nobody to distract me from the real world. I'm now basically like a lost puppy in a big bad world. I couldn't understand why I felt this way about my best friend. But is Jaeden really my best friend? If he's my best friend than why did I Kiss him? You don't kiss your best friends.

That's when I finally got the hint.

I like Jaeden.

(913 words)