Chapter Fifty-One

Start from the beginning

Sojung's lips held a faint smile as her eyes twinkled reading the texts of Seokjin telling her to go to sleep. A splash of happiness was the only thing she could feel as it was spreading continuously all over her body.

"You really didn't notice I was walking into the room, changing clothes and even walked behind you to grab this bottle of water because your eyes just. . .locked on whoever you are texting, as if I didn't know who it is," Yerin huffed from the bed.

The sudden voice of Yerin talking made her flinched in surprise, she turned to her left and saw her laying in bed with a book in her hand. "When did you even walk in?" she asked, shocked.

"See, I knew you wouldn't notice," she grinned.

"I'm so happy for you, eonnie. I can't believe after all these years you still end up with the person who made you smile since day one. I guess fate never betrays us, yeah?" Yerin added, while straightening her back after putting the book aside.

Sojung walked to the bed, pulling the blanket and laid herself on the bed as the mattress sunk in. "Yeah," she sighed.

"I never thought things will end up like this. To God I swear I was losing myself when I found out he was going to be my husband, or whatsoever, on the show, but. . .the show brought us to who we are today," she said, her tone was as calm as it could be as she stared at the ceiling.

"If I wasn't too greedy back in the days, maybe we could've filled in the empty three years of me being a betrayer with even more memories but well, shit happens," Sojung sighed. The sudden awful memories flashed through her mind without her asking. The tears he shed for her, the screams he let out for her, she cannot believe herself that she was that selfish for her oneself satisfaction.

"I made him cry. I wrecked him. I broke him into pieces that he couldn't put back into its shape for years, it took longer than I have ever imagined. Yet, he still accept me. Again. He. . .is so precious. I'm so dumb,"

Yerin brought her hand near to her head, running her fingers through her hair gently. "It's all the past now, eonnie. You have what you want now, you are as happy as you could ever be. All you have to do now is focus on to keep it strong, and you, don't mess it up again," Yerin said slow.

"I'm afraid I won't be the one who will mess it up this time," she said, there was a slight coldness in her voice. Yerin's eyebrows furrowed, confused with her statement. "Why?" she asked.

"The public. I know, we all know him and I couldn't and wouldn't keep this as a secret forever. I've seen so many relationships being destroyed by the public once it was revealed, intentionally or unintentionally," Sojung said, worries was clear in her shaky voice.

"I know I shouldn't listen to what other people are saying but, he's so big. I don't want to be the reason behind him losing his fans, and I, for sure, do not want to get thrown down the ground for dating him," she paused.

"Ugh! Why can't idols fall in love! We're humans too! This is so unacceptable, like, what should us idols do when we, too, have feelings and we fall in love like everyone does?!" she groaned out of frustration.

The worries looped around her mind until there was no room for anything else. If she was a normal human being with nothing clinging in her life, like this challenging and tiring career, falling in love is easy. But the career was the problem, falling in love is hard―and challenging.

...

The traffic was stop-start, cars were hopping down the road like hog-tied frogs toward yet another set of springtime roadworks. Members were sighing before a loud yawn echoed the vehicle. SinB was stretching her arms and thought it was a great opportunity to get a little more chance to close her eyes, before falling to a deep sleep immediately.