Chapter Twenty-Five

"What?!" the boys shouted at the same time, coincidentally.

They thought they will never hear anything from her again, because that woman, that human creature, was the reason why their hyung-nim was struggling in his life for as long as they could remember. She put him through the hardest pain, and shove him into the darkest path in life. They will never give her a chance to step back into his life, ever, again.

"What does she want?" Yoongi whispered, but it was clear than anger was in his tone despite the calm expression he had on his face.

"Which Sojung are you?" Seokjin asked, and the boys were starting to get confused. Their eyebrows were pulled to a frown and confusion, was very clear on each and every one of them.

"How can he not remember a useless piece of shit like her?" Taehyung said to himself, but Jimin who was sitting in front of him could hear what he said clearly.

"I know right?" he agreed, and Taehyung moved his focus to Jimin with his confused face and his jaw dropping, but soon moved it back to Seokjin.

"What are you talking about? It's me, Kim Sojung," she repeated her name, confused with what Seokjin just asked.

Namjoon placed his hand over his, and he moved his gaze down to Namjoon's hand and looked into his eyes. "What?" he mouthed.

"Put it on loudspeaker!" Namjoon mouthed back, and to his surprise Seokjin put on a confused expression.

He then moved his palm to cover his phone's speaker before removing it away from his ear. "How do I turn on the loudspeaker on a flip phone?!" he whispered, if he wasn't, he could be yelling at his dongsaeng at the moment.

"Hyung, your flip phone is the most 21st century flip phone of all time. You can do everything with it but not turning on its loudspeaker?!" Jungkook said, unsure if Seokjin's doubt was true.

"But I've never tried turning on the loudspeaker,"

"WELL THEN, DO IT NOW!" their whispers suddenly turned to a roar. Seokjin could not do anything other than to obey what they wanted him to do.

He looked down on the small phone screen, and looked all around it looking for anything that could lead to loudspeaker.

The keys of the keypad were pressed from left to right, and he suddenly stopped pressing once he found something that he was looking for.

"Oh? I didn't know you can turn the loudspeaker on?" he whispered down his breath, before turning it on and continue the conversation with Sojung who was waiting on the line.

"Kim Sojung? I don't remember knowing anyone named Kim Sojung though," he said without altering his tone, beneath the politeness and irony could be discerned.

"Bu—who is on the line?" Seokjin's used of words and questions confused her already drained mind.

"My name is Kim Seokjin," he answered politely, truthfully and there was no emotion in his tone. The boys were still staring at him fixedly.

"Bangtan Sonyeondan Kim Seokjin?" she asked again, making sure she was talking to the right person as she was starting to doubt.

"Yes, I am. Are you, somehow, a fan?" Seokjin asked. "No, I am not! I'm Sojung!"

They snorted in amusement, though they heard the note of tension in her voice.

"I think you might have called a wrong number. I don't know any Sojung in my life, and even if I do," he paused.

"She has already been forgotten. Goodbye," his smile broadened, including the chubby cheeks he had before bringing his pink flip phone away from his ear and closed it, ending the call.