Chapter Eighteen

Three words, one simple sentence, one simple question, mothers said it the most, it was probably one of the most asked question in the entire universe, but why,

Why did it feel so hard for Seokjin to answer it?

His lips were heavy as if they were frozen in the middle of Winter. His mind was rushing and running in thoughts, thinking, explaining to himself. His eyes moved to Namjoon's dark but clear eyes, he was staring at Seokjin as if he could read every word that was passing by on his mind. Seokjin was staring at him hoping that he could find the right answer for him to say, but he couldn't.

His mind was blank.

His lips started to move, shaking, but managed to answer his simple but complicated question.

"I don't know," he let out a breath that he had been holding on ever since Namjoon asked him the question.

"Only people who aren't in their best state of emotion will say that," Namjoon paused.

"And you are clearly one of them,"

Seokjin looked up to the dark and mysterious sky. It was pitch black but not one stars could be seen.

"You know, hyung, I know I've never experienced this before because I haven't been in a serious relationship like you did but," he said while his eyes were focusing on the river water flowing.

"There will always be a way to solve any problems in the world. It's useless and a waste of time feeling whatever you are currently feeling because it has happened. There's no turning back,"

"That's what makes it worst," Seokjin said. Namjoon glared at him with soft gaze. He was unsure how he could help him, in what way and how long it would take. "You're lucky Suga hyung is not here," Namjoon giggled.

"Suga," Seokjin said short, while his eyes were focusing on the ground.

"Suga," He said it again.

"What's wrong with him?" Namjoon frowned, confused on how his hyung kept on repeating Yoongi's stage name multiple of times.

"He hates her," his voice came out low and Namjoon could barely hear him.

"But why?" he looked up to Namjoon, and he felt a gesture on his shoulder. He looked over his shoulder and saw a slim and pale but manly fingers were placed on it. He took a glance up, and saw a familiar face.

"You deserve someone better," the sudden voice was deep, and full of emotion. It sounded so charismatic and it could melt any women's heart out there.

"Yoongi hyung? How do you know we're here?" Namjoon sounded surprised with the sudden appearance of him. He walked around the bench they were sitting on and took a seat on the empty space next to Seokjin. He intertwined his fingers together, and let out a sigh with his eyes focusing on the dark river in front of him. The sound of the water flowing was refreshing and calm.

"Where else would Seokjin hyung stop by when he go for a night walk?" a smirk could been from the side of his face. Seokjin turned to look at him with thoughts full of questions, and to his surprise Yoongi turned his head and looked at his sad eyes.

"How do you kn-"

"I know," he chipped in. Yoongi let out a long sigh before continued, "I've been watching your moves and places you've been to for the past months. I just want to see how you've been doing each day, is there any changes in you but unfortunately, you don't look so good. Still," he said.

Seokjin could relate over how relatable the words that had came out of his mouth were. At the same time, he can't help but felt moved over his small but meaningful moves.