Chapter Sixteen

The remote control buttons had been pressed millions of times, the same channels kept on appearing on the screen, but none of them had something interesting for Sojung to watch. Everything had been going down the hill lately, especially her emotions. She was in the most boring state of life until she was left with nothing to do. There was nobody else in the building that she could freely interact with, since every other people were crazy over the concept of being a trainee which made everything seemed like a battle.

She let out a long sigh before standing up and heading to her bedroom. The sound of the dorm door's bell caught her attention. She turned around and walked towards the door, before peeking at the small hole, curious of who was waiting outside.

"Who could that girl be?" she whispered under her breath after seeing what seemed like a young girl with fair white skin and long dark brown hair. She pulled the door slightly for a clearer look on the girl, and she gave Sojung a sweet smile before giving a full bow.

"Hello, I'm Jung Yerin and I'm going to be your housemate for the time being," she greeted her excitedly after giving her a bow, and Sojung did the same.

"Oh, hello. I'm Sojung. Nice to meet you," she said before picking one of her bags up and put it in the living room.

"Are you a new trainee?" Sojung asked while pouring an orange juice into a glass for Yerin.

"Yes, I am. Wait, what year were you born?" Yerin asked, her voice came out serious and curious.

"1995, why?" Sojung handed the glass to her, and she grabbed it before saying, "Thank you, eonnie!" she smiled as her eyes turned to crescents.

It was nice to finally have somebody in the dorm again. Yerin's bright personality lit up the dorm, and she didn't feel as lonely as she was before. Sojung helped her to put all of her stuff in the bedroom that they had to share.

Everything happened so natural that she forgot about the fact that Yerin was a total new person whom she just met less than an hour ago.

She had become a new company for Sojung to attend classes, going to school, eating lunch, sharing a thought with. Yerin had an incredible personality which she liked, and it felt really great to have somebody like her in her life.

...

Books, papers, notepads, pens and other stationery were all over her bed and the study table in the corner of the room. There was Sojung whom had her head on the desk, fed up with reality of being a trainee and a high school student at the same time. "I want to die," she groaned without taking her head from the desk.

"Are you okay?" Yerin sounded concerned as she placed her hand on Sojung's shoulder.

"Kill me, Yerin. I can't do this anymore," her voice came out flat, there was almost no emotion in her tone.

She felt a vibration on the desk which made her to pull her head up automatically while her eyes scanning of where the vibration came from. "Where is my phone?" she said, loud enough for whoever was in the room to hear.

"It's under those papers," Yerin pointed with her index finger and Sojung's eyes followed the direction she was pointing to. She moved the stack of paper and found her phone vibrating, a contact name was shown on the phone screen and she picked it up immediately without looking at who it was.

"Helloooo," she said with an aegyo, but anyone who heard it knew it was unnatural. "Sojunggg! I miss you, how are you doing?" a male voice was loud and clear on the phone, but it was different than what she had in mind.

"Oh, Seokjin. I'm doing fine, I guess," her voice came out flat, it almost sounded like she was uninterested in talking to him. Yerin who was standing next to her raised her eyebrows out of curiosity. "Who is that?" she mouthed the words to Sojung and she showed a hand gesture telling her to wait a second.