Chapter Two

As the moon rose up the sky, tonight will be a memorable day for Sojung. She will turn nineteen years old, and legal, in just a few more minutes, thrilled since she had already planned something for the night.

The cake, flowers and the vivid colours of balloons, everything had been set up well as they had place a booking at a BBQ restaurant nearby. Both of them paid half and half for the small private celebration where only Sojung, Yerin and him will be joining tonight. Nothing big yet simple, but memorable. Something she would keep in mind and think about in another ten years time.

"Eonnie, what time will he be here?" Yerin asked after glancing down her watch. It was 11:15p.m, forty-five minutes before the clock struck midnight. Sojung who was focusing on doing her makeup turned around to face Yerin.

"He'll be here any minute," she said as she got up from the stool she was sitting on and pulled her closet's door open, before changing her clothes into something more appealing. She had to do that, for him.

"Do I look cute?" she asked Yerin, as the only person around, twirling around in her beige furry coat that was pleaded perfectly on her skin as if it was made for her, her mother bought it two years ago, and along with a pair of black leggings that she loved to wear. "Very cute," Yerin giggled.

Sojung's phone that was perfectly placed on the dressing table in the corner of the room lighted up out of a sudden. She could see the light in the corner of her eye, immediately glancing over her shoulder to see if she really did receive a notification before walking over to the table and glanced down the screen. A small smile was painted across her face when she realised she had received a text message from him.

"Sojung, I'm here," the text simply said.

"He's here. Let's go!"

A big smiled appeared on her face, washing away all the worries she could think of, the excitement soon reached to Yerin who was wearing a simple grey knitted shirt and a pair of black jeans. Both of them made their way out of the dorm that soon turned to be as quiet as it possibly can due to their absence.

He came here by his car since his house was a few kilometres away but since the restaurant was a only few steps from the the girls' dorm, they decided to go there by walking. "Are you excited?" he looked at her with a sweet smile, which made Sojung smiled back immediately.

"Of course, I am! It's only a few minutes before I become an adult!" she squealed out of excitement.

...

"Happy birthday to Kim Sojung! Happy birthday to you~" both Yerin and him started singing in the familiar melody everyone would be familiar with, their hands clapping following the rhythm of the song, just like how everyone usually did it once the clock struck midnight. One of the restaurant's workers walked out of the kitchen with a chocolate cake on her hand with nine candles lighted up, perfectly placed on top of the cake, and it made Sojung's heart tickled due to the thrilled feeling she was having during the celebration.

A big smile was temporarily glued on her face as she watched how everyone was smiling and singing with excitement, celebrating her birthday with happiness painted across their faces, just before she felt a vibration on her thigh. Sojung knew the vibration was coming from her phone, and in an instant she pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at the screen.

'Kim Seokjin' was showing on the screen, and she felt a glimpse on her body. As both of them were busy clapping and singing songs for her, she was busy in her own thoughts. Her thumb wanted to touch the green button while her heart said, don't do it, go celebrate with them.