30. Peer Pressure

— • —

— • —

Tensions were high in the group of friends, that much was obvious.

With Orion trying to derail the operation conspiring against Kelsey all on her own, it quickly made her seem suspicious. She considered herself lucky to be someone whom Baxter put a lot of trust into, making it a little easier to sneak around and collect new information on how the case was being built. There wasn't too much investigation going on, at least not to her knowledge, considering how she was able to present reasonable doubt in the integrity of Talia's intentions, halting it for a short period of time.

Turns out, Talia was able to get another person to join on the case being built against Kelsey, making that two people who viewed her as a person of interest. Not even Orion's high status was going to be able to take down two people, sadly. 

With so much at risk, one would assume that Kelsey was going out of her way to seem like a good citizen. 

But, much to Orion's dismay, she'd been doing the exact opposite.

After an accidental summoning from Clover, she was able to snap herself into a very interesting conversation. 

Orion stumbled as she appeared in the girl's bedroom, her hand immediately shooting out to grip the wall beside her to catch her balance. She looked around in confusion as she realized she was alone in the room, expecting to see the younger girl lounging on her bed as she always was. Prepared to step out of the bedroom and into the living room, she paused when she heard two voices engaged in a heated argument. 

"What do you want me to do, Clover?" The familiar voice of Kelsey huffed out, and Orion found herself frowning at the harsh tone the girl used to address her girlfriend. "I'm being investigated, I can't just go and expect Orion to not be mad at me." The angel's brows furrowed as her name was thrown into the mix, and she found herself shuffling closer to the door to hear the argument better. 

"Orion doesn't have to know anything," Clover shot back, and Orion felt a frown tug at her lips. "It'll be our little secret, hm?"

There was a moment of silence, and Orion found herself cringing as she thought of the unpleasant activity taking place that could have warranted silence between the two girls. She was proven wrong as a breathe was huffed out once more, followed by a soft, "Fine." A squeal of excitement followed, presumably emitting from Clover, who had the tendency to behave child-like when given her way. "But this is the last time. I know you're new here, but if the council catches me at a Do Gooder party, there's no hope for me."

Orion could feel her hands curling into fists at her sides, and before she could blow her cover, she snapped herself out of the home and back to her own. As soon as she was back in the comfort of her own home, she opened her mouth and let out a scream, a scream so loud that the birds outside flew away at the volume of it.