Chapter 16

----------Jaspers POV-------------

  I waited outside the hospital for Jace. He had gone home the other day to inform my 'boss' that I'd be staying a while. Jace should know what Happened to Beck. Jace is Seer, he can see the future of sorts.  He for told when I would meet Amanda. I made sure to be there so I could meet her for sure. A voice broke me from my thoughts.

"Well brother. I have some news." Jace said grabbing my attention. I turned and looked towards him. He looked as if he just came from a battle. Scratches and gashes all over his arms and face. They were healing before my eyes. It's another gift we have. Healing quickly.

"What's the news Jace? We haven't got all day!" I growled. He rolled his eyes.

"Voxnell is destroyed." My eyes widened. No. No. No. No.

"Damnit! They attacked home?!?" I asked angrily. He nodded.

" Brother I know what they are" he replied solemnly. My head shot up to look at him.

"What? What are they? Are we able to defeat them?!?" I pressed. He sighed.

"It's the Flixanel Demons.." my eyes opened wide! I can't believe this!! I thought we got rid of them after last time..

----------jaspers flashback---------

A sparkle in the shadows, a crack of a whip, and suddenly I'm stared at by a minuscule being of darkness and grime. Two enraged eyes stare at me with an immobilizing force, and another sparkle rushes from its concave mouth in unfathomable agony.
Two thick horns adorns its bulbous head, which itself is covered in blisters and soils. A plume of shadow escapes the creature's sinuous nostrils set within a cramped nose.
Its bulbous head sits atop a compact, powerful body. Veiny tendrils wrap around its torso, perhaps part of whatever those creatures call culture.
The creature darts toward me, its two legs clumsily carry its demonic body with a harrowing energy. A barbed tail squirms behind it, I'm certain this creature uses it as a weapon.

Four stunted wings extend themselves fully. Spiky bones, and violent flames stretch upward to make the creature seem even more intimidating. A burning hatred can be felt the longer the creature stared at me. The creature swished it's tail at me. I dodged smoothly.

"Ha! You'll have to try harder than that!" I yelled joyously at the creature.  It screeched a high, agonizing scream of anger. I took my spear from behind my back and jumped on his tail as he slammed it back at me. I crawled along his spine and took my spear and stabbed right through it's body. The final Flixanel demon killed. I fell to the floor  panting as I calm down.

------ back to present (Jasper's POV)------

"I thought I killed them" I said shaking my head. Jace nodded.

"You killed most of them. There is a small colony of them up north. They are headed this way. They are trying to get to Amanda. Has anything weird or different happened in the past few days?" He asked me. I furrowed my eyebrows together in thought. Beck.

"Well the Alpha of this pack has gone mad." I replied, Jace nodded. I then explained to him about what happened with Beck.

" Just as I saw.." he trailed off. He then snapped his head up and looked at me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"They have taken over his body. Trying to get close to Amanda.." Jace said urgently.

"Amanda.." was all I said as I looked back to the hospital. Jace grabbed my arms tightly.

"Don't leave her alone! Brother don't let the alpha near her!!" He said with urgency.  He stood back an his wings sprouted from his back.

"Heed my warning brother. I will be back soon. I'm going to see what I can do about the demons." He said and flew off after I nodded my goodbye. I ran into the hospital to Amanda's room to see her awake staring at the ceiling. I sighed in relief. I need to explain this to her.. I walked in and sat next to her bed.

"Amanda.." I said grabbing her hand. Her eyes turned black. She said one thing.

"Mate"...