Somewhere in the Clouds

far, far away
"The foretold one has arrived," panted the page who came running into the throne room.

The ruler of all flames stood suddenly, his dark gaze fixed on the page.

"What," the man, if we should even call him one, nearly yelled. The confidants, generals, and admirals who surrounded the long, oak table were all watching either the ruler, who was at the head of the table, or the page.

The page tried to take a deep breath, scared out of his wits with the eyes of the most powerful immortals in his nation focused on him. The attempt to calm himself, however, did not work due to the leader telling him to spit it out.

The page brushed his dirty blond hair out of his eye, and began. Still breathing heavily, though more from nerves.

"A girl. In Aravet. Queen's Choosing-"

"Full sentences, page," spat a general.

"There's a girl who participated in a magical ceremony to choose the next Queen of Aravet. She won, and displayed tremendous amounts of power," sputtered the page.

"Go fetch the head librarian. Now," boomed the ruler.

The page ran down the intricate staircases and winding hallways to reach the library, buried deep inside the palace.

After he grabbed the head librarian, and quickly explaining the situation, the page forced the frail woman to jog back to the throne room.

"Is it true? Has she really come," demanded the ruler.

"I've heard stories from those who come seeking knowledge, but I cannot be certain. I would suspect, and put up precautions, my lord," stated the woman, her unruly hair escaped her bun and her dark hands fiddled.

"Why do you not know," hissed the ruler.

"My lord, I am well versed in the aspects of our state, and many outside of it, but I cannot provide you with the information you seek."

"Who can?" The ruler had an angry glare in his eyes as his voice filled every crevice of the massive room.

"May I suggest, my humble ruler, looking to the clouds?"

His eyes widened as he shook his head, and said to all around him, "You all are dismissed, except for Portia."

Only the head librarian remained.
"How would I find it?"

"It appears to those who truly seek it, my lord."

"You've seen them though, that's how you gained your knowledge," stated the ruler, his tan shoulders tense and black hair falling in his face as he shook his head.

"It is a journey you must make alone, they would not appear to those who seek help to find them."

The ruler was frustrated as night finally fell.

He had searched every space he could think of, looking for them.

"Those fucking know it alls," he murmured, turning on his heels, and getting ready to transfer out of the land he was currently investigating.

"Swear words will not help you," spoke a methodical voice with a hint of mischievous behind him, "though they are massively fun to use."

The king stopped, and slowly turned, only to find a beautiful immortal sitting on a rock, twirling a knife between her two pointer fingers.

Her blonde hair flowed to her collar bone in unruly curls, gold stringed through the curls at certain places. She was dressed casual clothes: a black tunic lined with silver, and black leggings. She could've passed for mortal, but something about her green-blue eyes showed that she was the opposite.

"Who are you," growled the ruler.

"Only who you are looking for, ruler of all flames," she giggled, standing up.

The ruler unintentionally raised his eyebrows, "You do not look like one of the Light Givers."

"Oh, I didn't know you were an expert on the subject. So, please tell me, what do they look like?"

The leader just made a frustrated, inhumane sound.

"Maybe like this?" The female immortal snapped her fingers, and her previously casual clothes disappeared as a deep red dress appeared on her. The dress had a long V neck, showing off her cleavage that the ruler refused to glance at, he was above such matters. Half of her platinum blonde hair was tied behind her head loosely, leaving darker strands to remain.

The finishing touch was a gold wreath placed upon her head to resemble a diadem.

"Much less comfortable, but anything to impress a ruler," she sarcastically said, beginning to play with her plain dagger again.

The leader observed how she made her movements precise, and, if he weren't also immortal, he may have been afraid about the way she handled her dagger.

"Tell me about the girl."

"Not without a please," she smirked.

The ruler turned, about to be rid of the mischievous Light Giver once and for all, but he stopped when he realized how vital the information he needed was.

The ruler turned, planning to attack the girl for answers when she said, "You dont want to do that."

"Do not read my mind," the ruler boomed.

"I wasn't, what you were about to do was quite obvious."

The flame gazed at the ethereal light, and hissed, "Please."

"Only of course for the ruler of flames, not my favorite element, but not my least favorite either," she murmured as she strode confidently and grabbed his hand, transporting them to a room high in a tower.

The room was covered in books, empty tea cups, and soft blankets.

She placed them right beside a fireplace, with comfortable high backed chairs right beside it.

"Voilà," laughed the Light Giver as she wiggles her hands.

"So, what do you wish?"

"To learn about the Chosen Queen of Aravet," simply stated the ruler.

"Ah yes, the foretold one," she said.

"So it is true?"

"What do you intend to do with my information?"

"Decide whether she needs to perish or not."

A/N- please read!!!
*not edited*
another chapter up! this was so fun to write and i, personally, love the character of the 'Light Giver'. this will all intertwine to ares' story (quite obviously if the guy wants to kill her).
***i will be going back and editing earlier chapters because i do not extremely like them (plot and all will stay the same but wording will change). i will be writing and updating as much as possible as i do so!
***there will be other parts that further these characters and that we learn about their world before it collides with ares'
let me know how you like this new world!! love you all!!