Are You Going To Try Now?

A/N- PLEASE READ

Okay, so first, OVER 100 READS AND 14 VOTES OMG.

And my school is starting in two days so I'll try to keep updating at a regular time interval but be patient with me (it takes me about 3 hours to do one chapter but it takes me awhile to find the time)

Please vote and comment!!

*not edited

---

I look into his golden eyes, and they flash, as I say, still angered, "I am wondering  if you are as weak of a fighter as you are a drinker."

"We both know that's not true, Ares." He was right, but any blow counts.

"Don't call me that," I sputter as he strides into the ring, hand on the pommel of his swords.

"It's your name."

"It is not. My name is Aella." I keep my hands behind my back, along with my sword, knowing he's trying to get a rise out of me, and, shit, it is working.

"Whatever you say Ares."

I unstrap the sheath to my sword and cast it out of the ring, sliding my plain sword along with it.

He raises his eyebrows, "That cocky?"

"I know my opponent," I reply.

"Then let's begin, Ares."

I clench my jaw, and I can tell he notices by his smirk.

I hear a guard begin to count it down, after James threatens any that interfere.

I'm barely paying attention, though, and I study his stance.

Perfect. Not what I was hoping for, but to be expected after years learning.

I know he'll fight proper and polished, while I've learned a more... primal way to fight. Though his may be elegant, yet stiff, mine was fiery and real.

I heard a faint 'Go', but I waited.

James began circling me, obviously following protocol for this situation.

"Have you even been in a real fight, Lady Ares?" He asks me.

"I could ask you the same thing," I reply, watching as he begins to reach my back, which is unguarded.

He raises his sword, in mock surrender, "I can't fight you."

"You sure as hell can," I mock, turning, "Now are you going to strike or just stand there."

He gives in, whipping his blade at me horizontally, a move that would slice the front of my dress if I just continued to stand.

To the point of death, that was the point of sparring.

I move, stepping back, a bored expression on my face.

He strikes again, a harder blow to my left side. James is obviously not accustomed to his opponent not drawing their sword.

To counter his blow, I dance along his outstretched arm, until I was flush against his chest. Looking up, I can tell he's startled.

I stand on my tip toes, whispering in his ear, "Are you going to try now? I'm getting bored."

A slightly intrigued yet frustrated expression flashes across his face as he uses his other arm to trap me against him.

"Anything you wish," he whispers, his breath tingling the nape of my neck.

He starts to move his sword arm, to bring the blade across the back my throat so he could be victorious.

Oh I think the hell not.

I unleash, my heel finding his toe , he flinches but stays still.

I give a small smile, while his blade approaching, and knee him between the legs. He releases his hold and I fold myself onto the ground,  flipping beyond the knife.

He stands, eyes betraying his irritation.

"Okay, let's begin now," I say.

"W-What?" He stammers.

I give him a confused expression, trying to keep from smiling, "Well, I wasn't trying to win right then."

"You know what, Ares? Fine. We can start again, but promise you will try your hardest? I'd hate for you to lose your dignity as well," He chuckles as I scowl.

"Promise, now strike, a death blow, as hard as-"

I'm interrupted as a sword comes piercing at me, James dancing behind it.

I spin my leg, hitting right in the crease of his elbow.

The sword flies, straight towards my heart, but I spin away.

James reaches elegantly for the dagger he had strapped to his side, but his eyes widen when he can't find it.

I remove the dagger from my bodice, where I hid it as he trapped me against him, "Looking for this?"

He doesn't respond, throwing a half hearted punch to my jaw with his left hand, but I duck and twirl away to my right, reaching my leg out to trip him, but he narrowly avoids.

"You're not trying!" I hiss.

"How can I hit a girl, and one that's soon to be my wife?" He asks.

I pause, straightening. "Fine, you fight like a proper lady anyways."

I turn to leave the training rooms, a fire still burning within.

"James?"

He looks at me, bewildered.

"If you want to see how to actually fight, meet me outside my rooms two hours prior to midnight."

---

A/N- I didn't really like how this chapter turned out :/// PLEASE DON'T  BE A SILENT READER I WANNA HEAR YOUR THOUGHTS!!!