Fight Me, Then

A/N- Not edited, I'll do that tomorrow! And sorry for the delay between chapters!

The next morning I was awoken by someone rushing into my chambers, and calling in a a sing-song voice: "Lovely Lady Aella time to wake up!"

I groggily sat up, my head faintly pounding, but, again, nothing I wasn't used to. Glancing up, I saw the voice belonged to a red haired middle aged woman.

"Morning dear, my name is Elisa and I will be your handmaiden these coming weeks. And, dear Aella, you have a full day ahead of you! First on your schedule is a brunch with all the courtiers, may I suggest you eat first, they're a judgy bunch."

I nod and remove myself from the pale sheets, offering her a small smile.

After eating and being dressed in a full length navy dress, one that stayed tight until my belly button then puffed into huge skirts, I headed out, ready to fake a smile and impress the rich snobs.

---

It was mid to late afternoon, but my feet hurt from standing constantly, and so did my cheeks from grinning consistently. I was on my last meeting, one that was requested and small.

But my stomach dropped when I discovered who requested it. My mother.

I walk into a similar room compared to yesterday's brunch with the Noble Daughters.

The King and Queen, along with James, sat to my right, my mother sitting to the left of the long table. I took my seat next to her, hiding my confusion.

"I called this meeting, my dear King and Queen, as your loyal and humble servant," pronounced Lucinda, and I eyed her warily.

The King merely raised his chin, as the Queen kept her eyes piercing into my mother's, strong.

"My daughter, Ares Aella Verel, has no place here, let alone at your court." She spits my name with such disgust that I have to hide my wince, I hate that she still makes me wince.

"Explain," ordered the Queen, while James stared at me, but I avoided his gaze.

"She is improper at it's finest," she exclaims, and I know she will reveal anything but my occupation, "sneaking out at the low levels of the night, coming back at some unexplainable hour in the morning, for gods' sake she doesn't even wear dresses unless she has to, look at her hands, they're callused! No Queen should have callused hands! I could go on-"

"There's no need, Lucinda." The Queen interrupted, looking at my mother with disgust, and she turned to me, "Do you have an explanation, dear Aella?"

The Queen, with auburn hair and eyes of emerald looked at me, "Let's start with the calluses, go on."

"I have them because I learned how to defend myself," I said, clenching my hands together to keep them from shaking from anger.

"And why did you need to do that?"

"My father insisted it necessary," I replied, looking at her this time.

My mother scoffed, but Queen Helena held up a hand, I almost chuckled.

"Then, why no dresses?"

"They made me feel like I was drowning, I liked an escape."

"Very well, any explanation for the late night escapades?"