Chapter 8 - "Two words that can make any girl fall in love."

Start from the beginning

"Of course!"

He froze in surprise as she skipped up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Except, we both know you only got that interception because of me," she said with a playful smirk. "So, who's the real MVP?"

Edison was at a loss for words as his surprise changed to disbelief. "But..." he managed to get out.

"Eddie! We're going to Al's for milkshakes," someone called out as the crowd moved their way.

"Come on Eddie," one of his enthusiastic teammates said. Two guys threw their arms around him.

Edison ducked out from under their hold, just as another player grabbed him. "Milkshakes! milkshakes!" he chanted loudly. Edison managed to wriggle free of his grasp and join Kit just out of reach of the moving crowd.

"Eddie, you coming to Al's?," one of the cheerleaders asked.

He took a small step back. "I can't."

"What?" the girl asked, her face falling. "It's tradition."

"You have to come," Amanda said. "Today was a huge victory!"

"It was just a friendly game," he said.

"But that interception!" she added.

"I used to do that all the time."

"Nooooo," the girls cried in unison. A few of them grabbed his hands and dragged him along. Kit watched in amusement as he laughed off the third attempt to get him to Al's and remained by her side.

"Come on girls! Last one to Al's is the rotten egg," a group of boys called, sweeping the cheerleaders up with them in their rush to leave the field.

Kit looked at Edison. His careless expression looked strained. "Al's seems like the place to be. Its a shame you have to miss it." Her tone was half mocking, half curious. 

Edison gave a careless shrug.

"I'm not missing anything when I'm with you," he said.

Her smile grew even bigger. "Be careful, Mr Reigns, or you might have me believing you like me."

He laughed. "If you keep showing up at my house, I might think the same thing. Now grab your stuff and meet me at the car," he said. She watched him walk towards the sidelines for a moment before heading to the bleachers for her things.

Edison beat her to the parking lot and was leaning against the car when she got there. "Where are we going?" she asked.

"No where," he said. He casually leaned against her car, his arms crossed.

"No where?"

"Nope. We're already here." He held out his arms as if to put their location in a new light, but it still just looked like a normal high school to Kit.

"The high school?"

"That's right."

She studied the dull gray buildings for a moment.

"I changed my mind," she said.

"About what?" he asked. 

"I don't think you like me at all."

He grinned. "Wait for it," he said, holding up a finger.

Kit bit her lip and kept quiet as they stood, alone, in the school parking lot. The only noise came from the passing cars on the road and a few birds.

"So..."

He cut her off. "Now," he said, as a white car pulled into the parking lot.

The car's engine roared, it's music roared louder and it looked like it was ready to enter a street race. The car pulled up next to them and a tall guy got out, holding a pizza.

"Eddie, my man," the guy said. He nodded and handed him the pizza.

"Thanks, Caleb," Edison said, handing him cash.

"And who's this?" Caleb asked, giving Kit a flirty look.

She smiled and offered him her hand. "Kit St James, adventurer extraordinaire. You are?"

"Caleb Jenkins, pizza delivery extraordinaire."

"Two words that can make any girl fall in love," she said.

"What? Caleb Jenkins?" he said. 

"Pizza delivery," she clarified.

He laughed. "I think this is the first time any girl has noticed me when I'm standing next to this handsome devil," Caleb said, pointing to Edison. "Eddie, you better watch out."

Edison laughed as he shoved Caleb back towards his car.

"If you ever need a pizza or anything else, you know who to call," Caleb said to Kit as he got back into his car.

She smiled and waved as he left, then turned her attention to the pizza.

"That smells amazing! I'm starving," she said. She reached for the box but Edison moved it out of her reach.

"Not yet," he said.

"What?" She gave him her best pouty look, but he just shook his head and started walking towards the school.

"Where are you going?" she called after him.

"You'll see," he called back.

"But I'm hungry."

"Just come on."

"Where are we going?"

He stopped walking and turned back.

"On an adventure," he said.

She smiled and ran to join him.

**********************************************************************

Hello, my peanut buttercup!

So, my brother made a small cameo in this book. He was the pizza delivery guy. Not going to lie, there is no one like my brother, CalebJenkins9. He is the most chill, laid back guy you will ever meet. He's also the biggest troll.

Once, when he was working at Pizza Hut, someone called asking for an anus pizza. Instead of hanging up on the prank caller, Caleb asked if it was for here or to go. The person on the line repeated he wanted an anus pizza and Caleb repeated his question. The guy hung up in annoyance. That is how amazing he is! Haha it's still the best story ever!

Funniest thing a family member has ever done?

Play, tackle, win!!!