Chapter 5

I walked to my bus after school and out of the corner of my eye I saw Devon. He was talking to Tobbe.

Karla showed up behind me when I was close to the bus. "Come with me to say bye to Tobbe." Karla said already pulling me towards them. I started panicking. I could feel my hands shaking and I was feeling sweaty.

Tobbe saw us coming and said, "Hey baby." and kissed Karla. Karla blushed slightly and Tobbe wrapped his arms around her. They made a really cute couple. It was like they were made for each other.

I tried not to stare at Devon. I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't bother looking at him to make sure. I looked at Karla and Tobbe instead and wished it were Devon and I. Then Tobbe started kissing Karla's neck and I felt like I should turn away.

I looked in the direction of the buses instead. Out of the corner of my eye I saw him looking at me.

"I need to go now babe," Karla said between kisses.

"Ok ålskling, I'll pick you up tonight. Jag alskar dig!" I didn't really understand what he said.

"Ok baby, I love you too!" She kissed him one more time. Then he smacked her butt. She turned around and smiled at him. When they were done smiling at each other we walked back to the yellow buses.

"What was he saying?" I asked Karla because I was really confused with what he had said.

"He just said that he loved me." She looked back and they met eachothers eyes and smiled. She was still staring at him when she started going up the steps of the bus and almost fell.

"Whoa be careful there." The bus driver said. We both burst out laughing and walked to our seats while holding our sides.

When we calmed down a bit Karla asked me, "So is there anyone you like?"

I started getting nervous. "Yea" I said and looked out the window at the cars passing by.

"Really? Who?"

"Devon.." I said quietly.

"Omg! Really!? You've got to talk to him tomorrow!" Karla said getting excited.

"I can't!" I said saying it louder than I meant to.

"Why not?"

"Because every time I even look at him I start blushing like crazy and I get really nervous!"

"Well I'll be there and so will Tobbe so you'll have nothing to worry about."

"I hope so." I can't believe that I actually agreed to talking to him. The bus jerked to a stop and we got off.

We walked together for a bit then we had to separate.

"Have fun with Tobbe at the movies!" I said and Karla smiled.

"I will! I'll tell you about how it went tomorrow!" She practically skipped away because she was so happy.

When I got home I couldn't stop thinking that I was going to talk to Devon tomorrow. I quickly got done with my chores and did my homework. Then I went to bed and dreamed about Devon for the first time.